• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Players Talk [Redacted]

Dan Collins talking to players the day after [Redacted] officially "resigned" is not even close to the university "investing a lot of PR effort building up a coach who is now gone".

Our players are going to be very happy in a few weeks. I think Rountree in particular. Hang in there kid.

Their loyalty is amusing. Y'know what will break them from that spell? Winning. It's been so long, I feel that the term "Stockholm Syndrome" is only MILDLY overstating the situation.

Did Wellman push for such a fluff piece when Dino was canned? The more the university tries to push the whole "buzz was a good guy" angle, the less confidence I have in them to hire a decent replacement

Did Wellman push for such a fluff piece when Dino was canned? The more the university tries to push the whole "buzz was a good guy" angle, the less confidence I have in them to hire a decent replacement

No, Dino was blamed for the downfall of Wake basketball, Tony Woods's domestic assault, Gary Clark's non-committed (seriously, bkf - google it) rape, Melvin Tabb being a thief, JT Terrell passing out drunk and high in his car, Ari Stewart being a schmohawk, Ty Walker being a headcase and unprosecuted thief, James Johnson "not going to class," Jeff Teague "majoring in the NBA," our team's low GPA, the mass exodus in transfers, and last but not least: no culture.

Buzz, on the other hand, fed the hungry, cared for the sick and weary, and housed the homeless. He loved our players, so much, and even loved the fans who loathed him. He loved them so much he even offered to service an opposing fan, a gesture that was misunderstood at the time. All while managing to restore us to historical competitiveness and somehow managing the miracle of restoring our winning program without winning. In short, Jeff [Redacted] was a real Jesus H. Christ.

Dan Collins talking to players the day after [Redacted] officially "resigned" is not even close to the university "investing a lot of PR effort building up a coach who is now gone".

Wellman invested a press conference in it.

Unrolling the Quad was orchestrated to do it.

I'm sure we will see some AD talking points in media about the search.

What a bunch of wimps.

They could have expressed the same respect/appreciation without sounding like a bunch of woe-is-me (woe-is-he) little bitches if you ask me.

“The way he handled all of this, like I told him last night, he’s taught me so much about not only how to be a better basketball player but how to be a better person,” Cavanaugh said. “All the stuff he’s had to go through, all the negativity and the ruthlessness by the fans, that’s truly how you handle adversity.

Proud of these players for conducting themselves with such class and calling out the clown show that has become our fanbase. Well done!

“The way he handled all of this, like I told him last night, he’s taught me so much about not only how to be a better basketball player but how to be a better person,” Cavanaugh said. “All the stuff he’s had to go through, all the negativity and the ruthlessness by the fans, that’s truly how you handle adversity.

Proud of these players for conducting themselves with such class and calling out the clown show that has become our fanbase. Well done!

Please dispense with your horse shit fatty.

Well, basically this entire team and the players will be quickly forgotten about because they never accomplished anything. No one is reminiscing about the players from past losing seasons after those players graduated.

Hopefully, the Wake AD can show an actual commitment to winning and hire a Coach that is a winner that can recruit and Coach players that can actually win and make the post-season without having to redefine or qualify what the definition of winning actually is.

If everyone just wants to move on so much, why in the world are there even comments about the article? Let the players express how they feel about the situation without blasting their comments and move on. I wouldn't want someone over examining everything I said when I was at Wake so let's not do that the our players who have, even if they can't see it's for the best, had a big change in their life.

If everyone just wants to move on so much, why in the world are there even comments about the article? Let the players express how they feel about the situation without blasting their comments and move on. I wouldn't want someone over examining everything I said when I was at Wake so let's not do that the our players who have, even if they can't see it's for the best, had a big change in their life.

This x1000..... This is turning into a mob mentality. Bzz gone! Yes! Wait, that player defends bzzz? Let's call him a dumb kid! Wait, that fan doesn't think we should have rolled the quad, destroy him! Who else? Who else wants some of this??????

Just stop already. The main problem is gone. Time to rewake the nation.

I am bothered by the team vs the fans mentality that is apparent in those comments

I am bothered by the team vs the fans mentality that is apparent in those comments

All the more reason why we need a coach with a strong public persona that can heal those wounds and reform that bond.
And why Wake fans need to show up to both major sports in droves next year from the get-go.

Our players need to realize that Buzz is gone, and we can all hope that he has taken his self-serving us against the world attitude with him. "Us against the world" is over, done, finished. There is no need for it anymore. Time to look forward to becoming better players and a better team.

This x1000..... This is turning into a mob mentality. Bzz gone! Yes! Wait, that player defends bzzz? Let's call him a dumb kid! Wait, that fan doesn't think we should have rolled the quad, destroy him! Who else? Who else wants some of this??????

Just stop already. The main problem is gone. Time to rewake the nation.

I disagree that the main problem is gone. The main problem is Ron Wellman. Having the volleyball team (wtf?) un-roll the quad was open defiance of the fanbase. Ron giving Bzz 2 weeks to resign, and then blaming the negative atmosphere (the fans) for his resignation is open defiance of the fanbase. This isn't the University of Ron Wellman, and until Wellman and the AD show some fucking respect to the fanbase there is going to be a problem.

Last edited:
Back