• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pointless nostalgia (1990's All-ACC teams)

OldGoldBeard

A Sorry WR Like Crabtree
Reaction score

48/50

The first few years were before my time, but I knew them all based on their NBA careers and the old ACC Handbook's All-Time Teams for each school.

Okulaja and McLeod? Blech. I guess the conference started to fall off earlier than I remembered.

Trajan Langon and Grant Hill, showing that not every dookie was always hateable.

I'll always like and respect Harpring for watching Timmy's jersey retirement.

Second Team

39/50

There are the dookies I'm used to, with Wojo and Collins.

ROK... sigh

Harold Deane and Johnny Rhodes were always two of my favorites, for no discernible reason.

Greg Buckner dunking UNC out of the ACCT is a great memory.

Damn you, C.C. Harrison.

Third Team

31/51

This was a lot more recycling names from the first two teams than remembering new ones to guess.

Tree!

I always remembered Rutland never being the same after blowing out his knee, so it was something of a surprise to see him pop up here.

Obinna Ekezie and Charlie Ward are two names I was expecting to see on here and was somewhat surprised they didn't make the cut.

Greg Newton was someone I was not expecting on here and was not surprised he didn't make the cut.

Curtis Staples continues the UVA scoring guard tradition. No Donald Hand, though. (Looks like he made 2nd team in 2000).

This was the first time in a long time I've thought of Chris Carrawell.

Damn you too, Dante Calabria.

48/50

The first few years were before my time, but I knew them all based on their NBA careers and the old ACC Handbook's All-Time Teams for each school.

Okulaja and McLeod? Blech. I guess the conference started to fall off earlier than I remembered.

Trajan Langon and Grant Hill, showing that not every dookie was always hateable.

I'll always like and respect Harpring for watching Timmy's jersey retirement.

Second Team

39/50

There are the dookies I'm used to, with Wojo and Collins.

ROK... sigh

Harold Deane and Johnny Rhodes were always two of my favorites, for no discernible reason.

Greg Buckner dunking UNC out of the ACCT is a great memory.

Damn you, C.C. Harrison.

Third Team

31/51

This was a lot more recycling names from the first two teams than remembering new ones to guess.

Tree!

I always remembered Rutland never being the same after blowing out his knee, so it was something of a surprise to see him pop up here.

Obinna Ekezie and Charlie Ward are two names I was expecting to see on here and was somewhat surprised they didn't make the cut.

Greg Newton was someone I was not expecting on here and was not surprised he didn't make the cut.

Curtis Staples continues the UVA scoring guard tradition. No Donald Hand, though. (Looks like he made 2nd team in 2000).

This was the first time in a long time I've thought of Chris Carrawell.

Damn you too, Dante Calabria.

Not going to do the quiz, but I'm guessing that if you just gave the names w/o listing the school they played for I'd get 90% of their schools correct. I just looked at the 15 All-ACC selections for this year. W/o initially looking at their schools, I guessed correctly on 3 1st teamers, and 1 ea. on the 2nd and 3rd teams. Two other guys I had heard of and knew they played in the ACC, but couldn't remember who for. So that's 7 of 15 I'm either familiar or somewhat familiar with; the other 8 could have been a list of guys who made the monthly "workout warriors" board at my local gym for all I know. My interest in college basketball has declined so much in recent years that I'm not even bothered by it anymore. If/when Wake ever makes another tournamnet run (hopefully NCAA, but I'd settle for getting to the weekend at the ACC) maybe that will turn a little.

Back