• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: How many (A) ACC titles and (B) BCS-level bowls will our next HC produce?

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
I'll guess first:

(A) Zero
(B) Zero

We can save this thread and see who was right in a few years. Of course, in the unlikely event I am wrong on either A or B, the next question is:

How many games will they coach at Wake after they achieve the above?

Oddly, the answer is the same:

Zero

#delusion

I'll guess first:

(A) Zero
(B) Zero

We can save this thread and see who was right in a few years. Of course, in the unlikely event I am wrong on either A or B, the next question is:

How many games will they coach at Wake after they achieve the above?

Oddly, the answer is the same:

Zero

#delusion

How many more of each of the above was Jim Grobe going to produce with his current staff, who he absolutely refused to part with?

None.

Massively stupid thread.

How many ACC titles and BCS-level bowls was Grobe on track to produce? 0 and 0. The Wake Forest football head coaching job is the only one in the country where all that matters is past success, not current results.

just an illustration about the delusions of how easy it will be for the next coach to win at Wake...and the delusions that we are going to get the next James Franklin. Certainly hope I am wrong about the above.

just an illustration about the delusions of how easy it will be for the next coach to win at Wake...and the delusions that we are going to get the next James Franklin. Certainly hope I am wrong about the above.

You are the only one setting the bar at ACC championship. Here's what I expect out of our next coach: a shitty, mediocre bowl every couple of years and, every once in a while, when the stars align with a senior laden team, a 9-10 win season where we contend for the division.

You are the only one setting the bar at ACC championship. Here's what I expect out of our next coach: a shitty, mediocre bowl every couple of years and, every once in a while, when the stars align with a senior laden team, a 9-10 win season where we contend for the division.

I expect to not have 5 straight losing seasons, each one progressively worse than the previous one.

we absolutely had that with grobe, even including the last 5 seasons. 2 or 3 single play breaks this season and no camp injury and we would have achieved our second shitty bowl in 3 years.

we absolutely had that with grobe, even including the last 5 seasons. 2 or 3 single play breaks this season and no camp injury and we would have achieved our second shitty bowl in 3 years.

Pretty sure we aren't going to a bowl game. Also pretty sure that this should have been the year where everything aligned for us to do better than a shitty bowl. Grobe knew it, that's why he resigned.

27 is more wins than anyone in school history for their career but Peahead Walker and Bill Dooley. Bill beats that by 2. with a tradition like that, top coaching prospects will be beating down our door.

If we don't win any ACC titles, it's because FSU and Clemson upgraded their coaches in response to getting beat by Grobe. About time we responded.

27 is more wins than anyone in school history for their career but Peahead Walker and Bill Dooley. Bill beats that by 2. with a tradition like that, top coaching prospects will be beating down our door.

You realize that even though Grobe is tied with Peahead for wins, Grobe has 31 more losses, right? 31 more losses than anyone in school history.

This thread is so stupid. Why does that one fluke season erase a decade of crap before and after it?

I would rather field a consistently good team over a 10 year period than make 1 Orange Bowl when the ACC was a joke and get beat by Louisville

i was happy in the early 2000s when Grobe ended all the Caldwellian blowouts and started being competitive in every game and making other teams afraid to play us. I hope to be thrilled again when the next coach ends the 2010-2013 Grobian blowouts and starts being competitive and making other teams afraid to play us.

I never expect Wake to win the ACC again in my lifetime, but I'll be damned if I'll buy season tickets to watch blowouts, apathetic play, and a staff trying to run the option with a shitty line, tiny receivers, and a slow-ass QB.

i was happy in the early 2000s when Grobe ended all the Caldwellian blowouts and started being competitive in every game and making other teams afraid to play us. I hope to be thrilled again when the next coach ends the 2010-2013 Grobian blowouts and starts being competitive and making other teams afraid to play us.

I never expect Wake to win the ACC again in my lifetime, but I'll be damned if I'll buy season tickets to watch blowouts, apathetic play, and a staff trying to run the option with a shitty line, tiny receivers, and a slow-ass QB.

You forgot punting on 4th and short on the opponent's side of the field in the 4th quarter with a losing season already clinched

This thread is so stupid. Why does that one fluke season erase a decade of crap before and after it?

I would rather field a consistently good team over a 10 year period than make 1 Orange Bowl when the ACC was a joke and get beat by Louisville

The ACC was deeper with more quality teams that year than it was this year.

5 of the 6 teams in our division were top 40 that year. That isn't some flukey weak division.

Last edited:
Back