• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poll: North Carolinians prefer KFC to Bojangles

THE SHOWDOWN

• Total voters
well, PPP also has Obama leading by 3 points in NC. No way he ends up winning the state, I mean no way. (I still believe he'll have enough electoral college votes to win, barring any major change.)

Not meant to hijack the thread and turn it into politics, just calling into some question some of PPP's latest NC results. Back to chicken. I go to Boj for biscuits, not plain fried chicken for the most part. No way KFC could ever, ever compete on that score. I haven't been to a KFC in probably more than a year.

When I was at Wake you could get a 2-piece Bojangles meal for $2.25 with the OG&B coupon, and they still gave you the tea for free with student ID. I never understood how they made money on us, but since I've been going there semi-regularly for 25 years now, I guess it paid off in the long run.

well, PPP also has Obama leading by 3 points in NC. No way he ends up winning the state, I mean no way. (I still believe he'll have enough electoral college votes to win, barring any major change.)

Not meant to hijack the thread and turn it into politics, just calling into some question some of PPP's latest NC results. Back to chicken. I go to Boj for biscuits, not plain fried chicken for the most part. No way KFC could ever, ever compete on that score. I haven't been to a KFC in probably more than a year.

When I was at Wake you could get a 2-piece Bojangles meal for $2.25 with the OG&B coupon, and they still gave you the tea for free with student ID. I never understood how they made money on us, but since I've been going there semi-regularly for 25 years now, I guess it paid off in the long run.

Those coupons in the OG&B were awesome!

I don't want to live in this state anymore.

well that settles it north carolina is overrated

more like arguing the merits of california vs mexico

bojangles is the mecca for methheads and people who have never eaten fried chicken... Mrs. Winters is greasier and better as far as chains go than KFC or Bojangles... and who the hell would eat Bojangles while at Wake with Mountain Fried Chicken right around the corner??????

Of course nothing beat Betsy's Fried Chicken at 2AM just past that at the gas station with all the bars on the windows... (sigh not there anylonger)

There's only like a hundred Mrs. Winners. The NC locations are all in GBO/HP. They don't even count.

Looks to me like Yankee transplants and Democrats are driving those poll numbers toward KFC. Frankly, I wish there was a way to take Chick-fil-A out of the equation entirely and just have a head-to-head matchup between KFC and Bojangles--I consider those two to be "fried chicken" restaurants in a way that CfA isn't.

I guarantee that if you cruise the parking lots at a tailgate at Wake, State, UNC, ECU, or App you'll see far more Bojangles boxes than you will KFC. (I didn't include Duke because nobody goes to their games, much less tailgates at them.)

I've actually never eaten Popeyes in NC. I had it in New Orelans. (Or near it, somewhere around there.)

Back