• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I'm sure this has been discussed on one of the previous 137 pages of this thread but what is really the likelihood a new AD will come in a fire Manning right away. While I hope it happens I can also see him coming in and saying "look, you have 1 year to win __ games or we'll make changes". Is it common to fire coaches right away?

It is common to fire coaches right away, yes.

Especially when you are mostly being hired because the flagship basketball program is a disaster and those in charge would like that fixed ASAP.

I'm sure this has been discussed on one of the previous 137 pages of this thread but what is really the likelihood a new AD will come in a fire Manning right away. While I hope it happens I can also see him coming in and saying "look, you have 1 year to win __ games or we'll make changes". Is it common to fire coaches right away?

Is it common for an AD to be forced into announcing his retirement on March 4th after his "planned" retirement before the school year is over was leaked to the press, while a planned replacement was already in place? I'd love to know how long ago Currie purchased/planned his flight to Winston-Salem for the announcement today. We're well outside of what is common for Wake Forest at this point.

Dinos doesn't count because he got a big contract in Greece. With a good coach, things like Moore and Craw are less likely to happen. If we get a good coach, who can motivate Hoard, it could mean millions to him.

Dinos and Patrino come back from Greece to Wake. We don't win it all but make it to the final 4.. They make a Disney movie about it.. The first one where the death of a key actor isn't a major plot point.

Wellman thought he had hired SHAKA SMART until Hatch FUCKED SHAKA. Will HATCH fuck SHAKA and CURRY this time?

Several of us has shown how we get to $5.5M/year without asking for a single penny from donors.

Here's how we get to $5.5M WITHOUT asking donors. We have 17-18 home games/year. Let's say 17. If we average slightly more than 11,000 paid tickets/game that equals 190,000 people. All we need is to raise $29 or so from each of them.

Do you really think people would complain about raising ticket prices $29 if it meant getting Shaka?

How about $20 for tickets, $4 for parking and concessions up $4?

You guys act like we are MAXIMIZING revenues currently and will be pay $7.5M/year.

I agree with the earlier poster that said Nate Oats doesn't really fit his MO. He's gone after coaches consistently that have proven to be winners at a high level already and are seasoned. Bruce Weber, Bruce Pearl, going after Doeren, Schiano, and Leach for Tennessee football.

My gut feeling is he goes after a big established name the likes of Matta, Cronin, Few, Shaka, etc. This is his first hire as Wake's AD and he'll want to make a big splash imo.

Not sure i buy the "he succeeds bc of jucos" argument. You take jucos when you can't go head to head with the big time hs recruits. Most any top 100 kid will at least take a call from wake. Yes, many are weeded out early but a wake coach does not need to recruit jucos. A nice arrow to have if needed but pretty minor issue in the end.

I agree with the earlier poster that said Nate Oats doesn't really fit his MO. He's gone after coaches consistently that have proven to be winners at a high level already and are seasoned. Bruce Weber, Bruce Pearl, going after Doeren, Schiano, and Leach for Tennessee football.

My gut feeling is he goes after a big established name the likes of Matta, Cronin, Few, Shaka, etc. This is his first hire as Wake's AD and he'll want to make a big splash imo.

Few is a pipe dream, but I like it! I would totally lose it if Currie was able to land him, I think the whole Wake Forest community would jump up and down enough to create an earthquake.

Why not both?

That would be the most college team ever to follow. Individually, they are funny. Together they would make every game a show.

There night have to be a two drink minimum.

Don't forget to tip your server.

Mark Few never in a million years would leave Gonzaga for Wake Forest

I literally cannot think of a scenario where this would happen. Not even if his kids were seniors in high school, headed to Wake Forest, his wife were from Winston and her parents and favorite aunt lived here, and he was offered $10 million per year on a 20 year deal. Still a hard no from Few.

That would be the most college team ever to follow. Individually, they are funny. Together they would make every game a show.

There night have to be a two drink minimum.

Don't forget to tip your server.

Classic RJ post.

Back