• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

It’s not worth wasting time arguing about anymore. Wojo and Capel would have come to Wake but now never will. Let’s stay focused on Miller and Kelsey before it’s too late with them too.

Every year Wake Forest basketball becomes less relevant. Dino's last year, despite post-season shortcomings, was the last year Wake Forest was relevant in basketball. The next coach must be able to elevate us back to being relevant the way Buzz has done for Va. Tech. If anything less than a rise of that caliber happens, we likely forever slip in the #s 8-15 ACC doormat group forever. Wellman must recognize how badly these last 2 hires have gone and understand that the next hire must be a home run (speaking in his language).

I don't want anyone that was raised by that Satan spawn. Just burn it down if we can't do better than someone trained by Kaye.

Give Manning some time. He’s gathering up fire tinder and gasoline currently.

We went to the Final Four once. Our head coach was a Tarheel.

It seems that you are confused. I said no dookies not no Tar Heels. And really some end of the bench scrub would be ok. I just don’t think I could handle Wojo on our bench slapping the floor trying to motivate our players. The rub on wake when I was there was that we had duke envy and that you went to Wake if you couldn’t get into duke. Putting Wojo on our bench just exacerbates that impression. Fuck that.

Go get Beard from TxTech. KU running them out of the gym today.

Maybe he needs a change of scenery. :thumbsup:

Dookies, Tarholes or whoever can get this shit-show turned around I would be for coaching Wake Forest. We need someone to come in here and slap the hell out of somebody and do some floor slapping. I know it sucks thinking of a Dookie coaching us, but we need to get pass that and look for someone who can bring us back to a competitive level of play. If that is Wojo, Miller or whoever can get the job done I'll take-em.

You don’t have to have a K disciple to get someone willing to drop bags like he does.

It’s not worth wasting time arguing about anymore. Wojo and Capel would have come to Wake but now never will. Let’s stay focused on Miller and Kelsey before it’s too late with them too.

Didn’t you tell us it was already too late to get HOF Wes? We already screwed up and missed our chance?

Dookies, Tarholes or whoever can get this shit-show turned around I would be for coaching Wake Forest. We need someone to come in here and slap the hell out of somebody and do some floor slapping. I know it sucks thinking of a Dookie coaching us, but we need to get pass that and look for someone who can bring us back to a competitive level of play. If that is Wojo, Miller or whoever can get the job done I'll take-em.

Or you could just become a duke fan. It’s a lot easier.

Didn’t you tell us it was already too late to get HOF Wes? We already screwed up and missed our chance?

I do think it may well be too late. I had a prominent Duke alum tell me in Cameron tell me Miller is now on their radar. Contrast that with a prominent Wake alum astonishingly say Tuesday “hey, why don’t we hire Chris Mack.”

Wake alum seems to have smart thoughts. They just seem to be a few years too late with them. Our relative place in sports and business reflects that.

I do think it may well be too late. I had a prominent Duke alum tell me in Cameron tell me Miller is now on their radar. Contrast that with a prominent Wake alum astonishingly say Tuesday “hey, why don’t we hire Chris Mack.”

Wake alum seems to have smart thoughts. They just seem to be a few years too late with them. Our relative place in sports and business reflects that.

Lol that duke goes outside the family for anyone not named Brad Stevens. Jeff Capel will be bringing his bags of cash back to Durham.

The duke fan you spoke with is a moron.

I just disagree. Disagreed about Miller in 2009, 2014 and now. Keep disagreeing about hiring a Miller or a Kelsey and building a small arena. Wake's problem is Wake's problem. We aren't smart. Duke is. The results were and are predictable.

Doubtful Wojo would leave Marquette for Wake if he thinks he has a shot at the Duke job. It would be sad if we couldn’t get Wes Miller to leave Greensboro, but he may be waiting for Roy to retire. He also doesn’t have P5 experience. Not that I believe Wellman will be able to hire someone like that to wake after 10 years of irrelevancy

Back