• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I am so confused about many of your thinking that Wes isn’t “qualified” for an ACC job. Do yourself a favor, go ask your 5 closest UNC fans—and by that I mean those that attend 10-12 games a year. Ask them who their top 3 choices would be for head coach at UNC if Roy retired tomorrow. I think that will answer your question when more than half of them name Miller.

I am so confused about many of your thinking that Wes isn’t “qualified” for an ACC job. Do yourself a favor, go ask your 5 closest UNC fans—and by that I mean those that attend 10-12 games a year. Ask them who their top 3 choices would be for head coach at UNC if Roy retired tomorrow. I think that will answer your question when more than half of them name Miller.
All of the big UNC fans I know are massive morons...

Can’t wait for people to perform this exercise and then DR responds “well you just have dumb friends who don’t WIN”

Because he played at UNC and coaches at their alma mater. Would coaches with no connection to Miller list him?

I’ve gotten one response and it was exactly what most here are saying on Wes.

If Roy retired tomorrow? No. In the future if Wes establishes more of a resume - preferably at a different school - absolutely.

The top three: Unrealistic top option is Brad Stevens
Realistic options he listed: Chris Mack, Hubert Davis, and Mike White (though he admitted he’s struggling this season).

All this being said I wouldn’t be even slightly surprised if we hire Wes and he’s our coach next season.

In the mid 90s, people thought Jeff Lebo and Buzz Peterson would be great coaches and sure to get the UNC job. How’d that work out?

If HOF Wes gets UNC-G to the Sweet 16 at least once, he might get a call from UNC. Otherwise, you might as well as bet on me to win the decathlon at the next Olympics. I'd have just as good a chance as he would.

There is no way in hades any Blue Goat should ever be considered as a coach at Wake.

This is especially true for one of Ole Roy's boys that was totally immersed in the Afro-American Studies Scandal. If Ole Roy knew what was going on, then Wes knew what was goin on at UNC. He knew why his buddy Hasbrough took Swahili as a language and we have no idea what classes are on Wes's resume.

Wes is tainted!

Yeah because they're using the same limited shitty logic you are. They've heard of/know about Wes, whereas the typical fan of UNC-but not college basketball generally Tar Heel supporter isn't familiar with the way better candidates

Y’all are nuts. No wonder we suck.

I agree. Who cares where a coach went to school, or if he coached at one of our rivals? I didn't hear anybody complaining about Bill Dooley being a UNC guy when he led us to the Independence Bowl. Give me a coach who can win, consistently.

Any recent news on Thad Matta returning to coach? Last year, Georgia offered him and apparently he met with Ole Miss as well. I haven't seen anything recent except that he was honored at OSU earlier this season.

I'd like to think WF is a better job than either of those. Absolutely should be top of the list if his health is in check.

Fuck duke. No dukies

But what if, as racer stipulated, they brand a WF or even better a deacon head on their chest and publicly renounce Coach K? I might be ok with that. At the very least I’d hire Wojo for like a week, then fire him right after the branding ceremony.

Back