• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

When I said much better, I was referring to his record of making the NCAA tournament, as well as his final four, elite eight and sweet sixteen appearances at Texas.

Of course, but the program was already lagging when Shaka took over, which is why I responded with what I did. I don't think Shaka has overseen a step change down or anything.

Probably driven by the Big 12 getting a lot tougher vs Barnes first ~10 years, with KSU, ISU, Baylor, and Texas Tech becoming a lot better as well as some of the conference turnover.

So much PMs on this board. Let try not to get too emotion gents.

I got the PM. Matt McMahon is coming and he is bringing Ja Morant with him. Cole Anthony is a silent verbal.

Perhaps we should head back to Scout. The historical competitiveness since the creation of this board has been two steps down from a dumpster fire.

Of course, but the program was already lagging when Shaka took over, which is why I responded with what I did. I don't think Shaka has overseen a step change down or anything.

Probably driven by the Big 12 getting a lot tougher vs Barnes first ~10 years, with KSU, ISU, Baylor, and Texas Tech becoming a lot better as well as some of the conference turnover.

Smart is in Year 4 and has his players and they just aren't that good as a team. They're in line for another first or second round exit from the NCAA tournament, assuming they don't totally crap the bed over the next week and a half by losing again to TCU, and then exiting the Big XII tournament early, which would give them a .500 record.

Yes he did. Barnes did better at Texas than Smart over his first four years and his last four years.

Definitely over his first four. Not substantially over his last four, as I have already touched on.

Don't get me wrong, Shaka's performance at Texas doesn't get me super excited about him, but neither does Matta's last four years. There's a reason these guys might be available for us; there's risk associated with all of them.

I get the sense this whole PM thing is going to slowly turn into a BM.

Guys, this new coach is going to require a lot of support from the Deacon Club. Certain Boards members have teamed up with the Moricle Society to launch limited edition T-Shirts in exchange for premier seating at the introductory press conference. You will only be able to write off $6.37 on your taxes for your donation, but the T-shirts are selling for $39.99.

Here is the Men's edition, we expect delivery in the next 5-7 business days:

bexyjk.png

We also have a Women's edition in stock already:

de4c9s.jpg

Definitely over his first four. Not substantially over his last four, as I have already touched on.

Don't get me wrong, Shaka's performance at Texas doesn't get me super excited about him, but neither does Matta's last four years. There's a reason these guys might be available for us; there's risk associated with all of them.

I would obviously be excited to get a coach with Matta’s record but man some of his quotes about the stress of the job are worrisome. Not sure I’d ever be totally comfortable that he wasn’t a risk to just hang it up unexpectedly.

I prefer MSN Messenger as the encryption level is above that offered by Yahoo. Don't want to risk exposing such sensitive information.

Back