• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

I'd go all in with Marshall if he would listen, but Wake ain't paying north of 4 mil for any coach.

I'd go all in with Marshall if he would listen, but Wake ain't paying north of 4 mil for any coach.

At least not a new coach. A coach who establishes himself as a winner at Wake over time, sure.

My fear is that we quickly learn our list of 3 is also out of our league and then Currie has to go Donk Hunting.

d7219ae622cb0285f3476359ea88544502d9db1b_00.gif

Ritchie McKay's Liberty Flames going dancin' with a #63 Kenpom ranking (which is higher but in the same range as UNC-G and UC-I). I always thought he would be high on Wellman's B List of coaches. No idea if he would appeal to JC if the top names don't pan out.

Ritchie McKay's Liberty Flames going dancin' with a #63 Kenpom ranking (which is higher but in the same range as UNC-G and UC-I). I always thought he would be high on Wellman's B List of coaches. No idea if he would appeal to JC if the top names don't pan out.

We should know by now that an auto bid into the NCAA and a mid-major team ranked in the 60's-80's doesn't indicate anything about a coach's ability to succeed at the next level.

We should know by now that an auto bid into the NCAA and a mid-major team ranked in the 60's-80's doesn't indicate anything about a coach's ability to succeed at the next level.

Not going to argue that point but recruiting good enough Jimmys and Joes to Lynchburg to battle Lipscomb (with its relatively much easier recruiting pitch) all year long says something in McKay's favor.

Not going to argue that point but recruiting good enough Jimmys and Joes to Lynchburg to battle Lipscomb (with its relatively much easier recruiting pitch) all year long says something in McKay's favor.

If a guy can recruit with this guy's hair and head shape, that alone is impressive
29fs77r.jpg

Watching him in the Lipscomb game I thought, wow his hair shape is turrrible.

I doubt seriously you have watched Wofford play this year. And when you talk about dropping to mid major do you mean our whole program? Because that is in play.

Wofford is very good. Confident assasin choir boys. They are an excellent team. So is UNC G and so is Furman. I would love to see the SOCO get all three teams in the tournament. Furman would bitch slap the Deacs this year.

Ritchie McKay seems like good people. Heard him speak here once. But he doesn't have a dynamic personality, and I wouldn't consider him for a major job. He's a religious guy too. This is his 2nd stint at Liberty, and that's a good fit for him.

Ritchie McKay seems like good people. Heard him speak here once. But he doesn't have a dynamic personality, and I wouldn't consider him for a major job. He's a religious guy too. This is his 2nd stint at Liberty, and that's a good fit for him.

Not a disqualifier for Wellman, as witness his last 2 MBB choices. As I have said before, I'm not pushing him as a candidate but merely naming him as someone who checked a lot of boxes for Wellman (P6 experience, culture, etc.). He makes Falwell U a little easier to root for.

Is kinda of interesting that of all the days that Currie could go out there, he picks today. Not later in the week, not last week. Helluva coincidence.

Back