• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Maybe already posted, but from Les’ article:

Childress:
“At the end of the day, when we all signed that letter of intent, we all wanted to play for coach Manning,” he said. “It’s still like that. I don’t think anybody in here wants the coaches to change. That’s never been the issue. We spend a lot of time with the coaches on and off the court. It’s never been an issue with us. We’re not worried about that at all. We know coach Manning and the rest of the staff will be back. That’s outside noise. At the end of the day, it’s about my brothers on the court, my brothers on the bench, and our uncles and fathers on the staff.”

Hoping it’s just more childress just saying stuff, but makes me nervous he has insight from his dad. Sounds pretty confident the staff will be back... please no.

Childress:
“At the end of the day, when we all signed that letter of intent, we all wanted to play for coach Manning,” he said. “It’s still like that. I don’t think anybody in here wants the coaches to change. That’s never been the issue. We spend a lot of time with the coaches on and off the court. It’s never been an issue with us. We’re not worried about that at all. We know coach Manning and the rest of the staff will be back. That’s outside noise. At the end of the day, it’s about my brothers on the court, my brothers on the bench, and our uncles and fathers on the staff.”

Hoping it’s just more childress just saying stuff, but makes me nervous he has insight from his dad. Sounds pretty confident the staff will be back... please no.

I hope Brandon is very disappointed in about 4-6 weeks. Manning is a cancer and we need to save the patient. Time to start cutting.

Childress:

Good bet if Manning stays, some of those brothers won't be on the court or bench next season.

Childress:

This is Team 101. Nothing really to see here...but Brandon did his duty well...

The Joel was rocking when we had really good teams and an in-state ACC team came to play.

But it was pretty lame when we were the No. 1 team in the country hosting Va Tech. I'm sure there were a fair number of people at the game, but it was a meh environment. And we lost.

The Joel was rocking when we had really good teams and an in-state ACC team came to play.

But it was pretty lame when we were the No. 1 team in the country hosting Va Tech. I'm sure there were a fair number of people at the game, but it was a meh environment. And we lost.

I apologize.

I will say I was surprised how dead it was when I went to my first game after getting accepted vs. soon-to-be-champion Maryland in 2002. Hopefully we can get it back to its rollicking days under Skip

We would be so much better off if Wellman's old ass was gone already. Appeasing him by making the date of departure May 1st is really giving a false sense of power and leadership. The guy is a lame duck, get the fuck out of here and take your tarnished legacy of ruining basketball and hiring 2 piece of shit volleyball coaches with you.

Back