• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Blame? Blame for what? Schiano was a far better hire for TN.

Horseshit.
So if you are going off of best hire, if Dave Clawson left next year and had to choose between Jeremy Pruitt or Greg Schiano, you'd go with GS?
He had one decent year at shitty Rutgers and bombed in NFL. He's a complete hack, not to mention all the other baggage that comes along with being him.

It is really crazy that donaldross just honestly can’t conceive of hiring someone at the AD or coaching level who doesn’t have a previous tie to MSD. Really gives you a myopic view of the options.

Currie is young, personable, modern, with giant successful p5 experience at AD. It’s a miracle he went to WF. We weren’t an option for anyone who meets those criteria and didn’t have a Wake tie.

Currie is young, personable, modern, with giant successful p5 experience at AD. It’s a miracle he went to WF. We weren’t an option for anyone who meets those criteria and didn’t have a Wake tie.

Why not? Wake Forest money spends like anyone else's. Last I checked Wellman was one of the top 10 highest paid ADs in America.

The last AD hoops hires with no ties to Wake were Manning, Bz, Prosser & Wellman.

Those with Wake ties were Odom, Gaudio & Hooks.

The last AD hoops hires with no ties to Wake were Manning, Bz, Prosser & Wellman.

Those with Wake ties were Odom, Gaudio & Hooks.

What ties do Wojo or Wes Miller have to Wake?

Keep in mind Bzdeliks daughter was a Wake student.

Horseshit.
So if you are going off of best hire, if Dave Clawson left next year and had to choose between Jeremy Pruitt or Greg Schiano, you'd go with GS?
He had one decent year at shitty Rutgers and bombed in NFL. He's a complete hack, not to mention all the other baggage that comes along with being him.

What baggage is that? Like he lived in Penn during Sandusky? Are all big 10 assistants from that era also out as a result. JP sucking at TN. That much we know. Schiano? We don’t have those results in.

What baggage is that? Like he lived in Penn during Sandusky? Are all big 10 assistants from that era also out as a result. JP sucking at TN. That much we know. Schiano? We don’t have those results in.

I guess the thousands that protested in Knoxville are all wrong and you are right.
There is a reason why GS will never sniff another P5 Head coaching job.
Even Ohio State bounced him after Urban left.

The thousands that protested in Knoxville were and are fucking idiots. That fan base is delusional.

Don't assts usually leave when coaches are replaced?

Don't know about his NFL tenure but his run at Rutgers was impressive.

Last edited:
Those dissing Wes Miller have clearly not seen his teams play. He is an excellent young coach with a very high level of intensity. Very high. He may not be quite ready for the ACC but he will be at some point.

My biggest fear now is behind the scenes we strike out on the Shaka's, Matta, Oats trifecta, decide to just keep on rolling Manning out. I think our Atheletic Department is suffering from a lack if confidence.

I, too, had been stressing about rolling Manning out for another year ... until running across Ben Sutton's Twitter feed (see March 11 post where he writes, "TRUST the magic of fresh starts and new beginnings. #WipeTheSlateClean #LetsGetGoing."). Got to believe now that a change is coming.

But I don't think it will be Shaka. If Bennett heads to UCLA, I could easily envision Shaka at U-Va. If the hammer comes down on Josh Pastner, I can see Shaka and his wife being very comfortable in Atlanta. Wouldn't surprise me if the powers that be are zeroing in on Matta.

Anyone out there know when the Sutton Sports Performance Center / Shah Basketball Complex will be completed?

The thousands that protested in Knoxville were and are fucking idiots. That fan base is delusional.

Reaction in Knoxville would happen again to ANY SEC school. Would prob happen to any P5 program.

Those dissing Wes Miller have clearly not seen his teams play. He is an excellent young coach with a very high level of intensity. Very high. He may not be quite ready for the ACC but he will be at some point.

So you think its a good idea to hire someone who is not ready for the ACC?

I, too, had been stressing about rolling Manning out for another year ... until running across Ben Sutton's Twitter feed (see March 11 post where he writes, "TRUST the magic of fresh starts and new beginnings. #WipeTheSlateClean #LetsGetGoing."). Got to believe now that a change is coming.

On the other hand, sunshiners love to employ the language of conference tournaments being a new season and how everyone is 0-0. And March 11 was the day before the ACC Tournament started. So that tweet could mean nothing.

Back