• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post an Awesome Possession from Your Childhood

So many epic nerf battles between me and my best friend. I can't remember who owned which guns, because we both owned so many and would pool them before we started playing:

nerf_secret_shot.jpg

nerf_sawtooth.jpg

nerf_manta_ray.jpg

nerf_hidden_shot.jpg

nerf_chainblazer.jpg

nerf_blast_a_matic.jpg

nerf_arrow_storm.jpg

nerf_crossbow.jpg

nerf_ballzooka.jpg

nerf_sawtooth.jpg

nerf_sharpshooter_2.jpg

Even so, these were better than any nerf gun. So deadly:

foam_shooter_toy_EVA_toys.jpg

The crossbow was mine, though, and was my favorite. Most accurate and most distance.

This is kind of off the track, but i have a real unusual "awesome possession". My grandfather brought back 6 knives from Germany from WWII, and it just so happened that he had six grandkids. He didn't like to talk much about the war but we would beg for him to take us in the attic and show us the knives. The last Christmas he was alive he put a number on each of them and we drew numbers out of a hat. I ended up with this Nazi dagger that I assume was an accessory for a dress uniform (clearly not a combat knife - it is highly decorated but cheaply made). My brother got a bayonet, and my only female cousin got a no-shit 3 1/2 foot long WWI cavalry saber. So this Nazi dagger (which I keep buried in a drawer because I don't want anyone thinking I'm some crazy skinhead) is my most significant possession from childhood.

This is kind of off the track, but i have a real unusual "awesome possession". My grandfather brought back 6 knives from Germany from WWII, and it just so happened that he had six grandkids. He didn't like to talk much about the war but we would beg for him to take us in the attic and show us the knives. The last Christmas he was alive he put a number on each of them and we drew numbers out of a hat. I ended up with this Nazi dagger that I assume was an accessory for a dress uniform (clearly not a combat knife - it is highly decorated but cheaply made). My brother got a bayonet, and my only female cousin got a no-shit 3 1/2 foot long WWI cavalry saber. So this Nazi dagger (which I keep buried in a drawer because I don't want anyone thinking I'm some crazy skinhead) is my most significant possession from childhood.

106.jpg

Hours and hours played with my dad. Were they a bad idea for kids? Yup. Was it the 70’s and my dad was the best ever? Yuuuuup! He bought like 10 sets when he heard the ban was coming, I still have two un opened boxes.
lawn-darts.jpg

We had a long porch on the front of our house, I bet poor old Evil flew off that thing over 1,000 times. Never once making it to the other side of the driveway.
evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.jpg

Last edited:
Back