• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post game thoughts (Rutgers)

Perhaps our coach will realize that he is our most productive player in multiple categories and play him more than 16 minutes per game. Duh.
Collins is largely deciding how much he plays himself. Until he lowers his foul rate, he'll only be playing 16-ish minutes each game.

Don't understand why anyone gets caught up in who starts. McClinton played 11 minutes. Crab 23. So, the rotation had Crab ahead of McClinton (as you would expect). Crab was on the on the court when the game was decided; McClinton was not -- who plays the final minutes far more relevant than who plays the first 3 minutes.

Hudson isn't starting because he acted like a moron off the court. He will be starting soon. Manning is just making it clear that he isn't going to tolerate any shenanigans.

shenanigans.gif

The only thing I wish for Doral right now is that he would realize he is the biggest man on the court and use those big mits near the basket. He plays soft there when he should be able to death grip that ball and slam down hard.

If he was doing that at his size he wouldn't be a project and would have been a McD's AA, and hence we wouldn't have him. In our current position we have to take the bad with the good.

I don't think Moore is as much of a project as everyone else does, I guess. He provides a few generally productive minutes a game. I was expecting him to ride the pine all season based on initial reports. He's not a string bean and think will develop under Manning into a very good college big.

On defense I wish Doral wouldn't go for the block every time. Gets him out of position and hurts us on the boards. That's my biggest concern so far.

I don't think Moore is as much of a project as everyone else does, I guess. He provides a few generally productive minutes a game. I was expecting him to ride the pine all season based on initial reports. He's not a string bean and think will develop under Manning into a very good college big.

The fact Moore actually caught, then threw down, that alley oop dunk versus UCLA was promising. I can think of some recent bigs we have had who could not complete that play.

CMM is hurt, so he needs to be working on his FREE throws (or free points as I like to call them). Look at Melo Tremble and his FT's - huge difference.

Dinos is so damn slow on defense....that McClinton could help us as a stretch 4 against a team that may go small...like say...Arkansas.

The issue with McClinton is he is not assertive/aggressive and got lit up by a mediocre kid, Grier. McClinton is so limited offensively, he instead, needs to commit to being a defensive stopper - he has the athleticism to do it.

We need to quickly put McClinton in a personality machine and have him emerge more like a Draymond Green. Energy, hustle, toughness, good passes to your teammates only etc. Collins is giving us that energy right now - which is awesome.

THEN we have a NCAA tourney ball club.

Right now, I like DC Deac's lineup (the obvious one) and this squad definitely has 18-20 wins if CMM plays like a stud when he returns. So much fun to have a good team again.

Great point about CMM shooting free throws while injured. No excuse not to shoot 75 percent once he comes back

Would you really want to be practicing free throws with a broken foot? I would think that favoring one foot would really screw with his balance and mechanics. Though maybe shooting on one foot would be an improvement for him.

This team also isn't a disgrace. Rome wasn't built in a day.

i completely agree with this as well, and am generally positive about the direction.

but, to quote the great winston wolfe, "let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."

Damn just noticed Xavier is ranked #12 in the country. Good chance they'll still be undefeated when we play them--only tough game is Cincy who they get at home. Would be huge to have a top 10 win on the resume before acc schedule begins. I think this is a very winnable game for us. I'd put Xavier in the second tier of acc teams (Cuse, Miami, LVille, FSU, ND, Pitt, NCST) and Wake is going to have to win the majority of home games against these teams if they expect to have a successful year.

We need to quickly put McClinton in a personality machine and have him emerge more like a Draymond Green.
This sentence makes me laugh. You made your point with the assertiveness comment but nah let's bring in this random futuristic machine!

Back