• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pre-Paid cell phone

TravelingDeacon

Reaction score
I live abroad, but I'm returning to the American homeland for a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out how to get myself set up with a prepaid phone. Most websites are from 09/10 and I believe they are out of date.

I have an iPhone that I'd like to switch the SIM card in and continue to use, but not sure if that is an option. I don't care about the data usage...I'd be fine with just minutes and using WiFi.

Or, should I just get a cheap phone?

Buy a tmobile to go chip. It's the cheapest and it uses GSM.

Make sure you buy them at different stores, don't cut corners.

This might not be entirely ethical, but I know AT&T used to let you 'try' their network for 30 or 90 days. Depending on how long your stay is, this might be a good option.

I know I did this one summer and was able to return a Blackberry and easily recouped everything I had paid (minus the plan for the time I was actually using it). No cancellation fees or anything.

Back