• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preemptive Wake/Kansas TV thread

Deac83

Reaction score
The schedule on the website has no TV information, but there is an article on the front page with the information.

Plan ahead (if you want to watch) as the game is on AXS.

AXS TV will televise the Thanksgiving Day game between Wake Forest and No. 2-ranked Kansas at 3:30 p.m. EST. AXS TV is available in the Triad on AT&T U'verse (Channel 1106), DIRECTV (Channel 340) and Dish Network (Channel 167). AXS TV is not available on Time Warner Cable.

Link to story

So there are no plans to televise the game on Time Warner Cable, the cable provider which is far and away the dominant one in the Triad.

Sweet.

It also won't be available for streaming through Wake's video content.

I tried to see if I would be able to use my parents' Verizon FiOS account to stream the channel, but it doesn't look like that's an option either. I'm out of ideas, probably gonna have to rely on firstrowsports or something.

You may be the only one that cares....4 days away in a game where we will likely get thrashed and you start the thread....I appreciate your unrelenting enthusiasm.

AXS is just the new name for HDNet. TWC dropped HDNet during a fight about rates. DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, U-Verse - just about every other carrier has it.

It also won't be available for streaming through Wake's video content.

I tried to see if I would be able to use my parents' Verizon FiOS account to stream the channel, but it doesn't look like that's an option either. I'm out of ideas, probably gonna have to rely on firstrowsports or something.

How does firstrowsports work? What is the web address? Is it a pay service? Are you certain the game will be on firstrowsports?

google firstrowsports. click link. find basketball. click there. find wake game. click there. click link. enjoy andrew wiggins. remember wake glory years when we could compete.

I'll count my blessings and read about it on this board when I get home. I have a feeling the board version will be more entertaining anyway.

How does firstrowsports work? What is the web address? Is it a pay service? Are you certain the game will be on firstrowsports?

It is a not-quite-legal website where sports broadcasts are streamed.

google firstrowsports. click link. find basketball. click there. find wake game. click there. click link. enjoy andrew wiggins. remember wake glory years when we could compete.

I recommend doing it in Incognito/Private mode to prevent saving cookies and make sure your anti virus is on and up to date. And DO NOT download their HD viewer. It doesn't improve the stream quality and is reported to be Spyware.

It is a not-quite-legal website where sports broadcasts are streamed.

Exactly. The streams are all from users who have the content at home and stream it out for others to "borrow" so the quality often sucks. I've endured it when I cared, but there's no way I'm wasting my holiday watching a shitastic internet stream of this game.

AXS is just the new name for HDNet. TWC dropped HDNet during a fight about rates. DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, U-Verse - just about every other carrier has it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Apparently per my recent rep, we don't get to play teams like Kansas very often and we should all be huddled around the internet on Thanksgiving to watch this.

Newflash, we aren't Campbell. We play Duke and UNC multiple times a year. This isn't a once in a lifetime chance to see a decent basketball team. Talk about LOWF. Geez

Last edited:
Back