• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presbyterian Team Preview

I'm not going to argue semantics. I'll grant that he was correct in the case that history does not show that we will win 50-0.

I read his take as a "LOWF" fan that doesn't want facts to get in the way of his feeling down-trodden about how we play. I apologize if that is not the case.

We will likely pummel Presbyterian because we are a much, much better team than they are. We almost always TCOB against FCS teams and this year will almost positively follow that trend.

The question was asked about winning 50-0. The history doesn't show a single 50-0 game.

True. Cant argue that either.

I'll give you this, doofus, I'm surprised at that list of results, because, as rosy as they look in hindsight, they certainly did not live up to the magnanimous predictions beforehand, which was more of my point. And they certainly gave many of us cause for concern in spite of the final margin, which, in most cases, turned out to be justified.

I read his take as a "LOWF" fan that doesn't want facts to get in the way of his feeling down-trodden about how we play. I apologize if that is not the case.

That's absolutely a mischaracterization, and frankly I don't understand how you can draw that conclusion.

Would you rather I turn backflips about pummeling Elon and Presbyterian on our way to non-bowl seasons, all while ignoring the weaknesses those games exposed? That seems much more LOWF to me.

While we should pummel Presbyterian, I seriously doubt we'll pummel Presbyterian to the extent that Liberty and Coastal Carolina pummeled Presbyterian last year.

Doofus, I thought we were talking national championships. Why are you previewing cellar dwellers like Presbyterian?!?!

We play this game every season.

We say the same stuff every season - we won't open the play book, but we'll run all over them, they won't be able to move on our defense, our lines will be too strong... We'll score north of thirty and give up less than ten, maybe give up some late points with our third string D.

And then it doesn't happen.

This pretty much all happens when we play an FCS school under Grobe. Last year was an obvious exception. We all know that were not opening the playbook against these teams like we would for a conference game. It's blatant. Maybe you could argue we should open it more so we get a game under our belts doing what were going to do, but it's hard to argue that were not overly conservative even by wake standards against fcs schools.

Wasn't it Presbyterian that used the sweet bounce pass/lateral to the wide receiver against us a few years ago,
or am I mis-remembering?

At least we made it into SportsCenter's Top 10 plays...

It would be cool to break out one of those alternate helmets that we've been reading about for this, our first home game of the season. :thumbsup:

Back