• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Ok Premier League thread, who/what positions are on your January wish list?

Everton has already signed Matty Foulds, Mason Holgate, and Leandro Rodriguez as the season has been underway. Would like to see some help on the left or up top, and potentially a goalie.

Well, Neymar and Messi are off the table for Arsenal since they play Barca in the Champions League, so I'll have to go with whoever Wenger sees as a reasonable prudent financially sound addition.

This is more of a January/Summer combination, but Marko Grujic, Neven Subotic, Leroy Sane, Rico Henry, Timo Horn/Loris Karius. Probably only Grujic happening (guessing Neves/Tielemans are too expensive and/or not interested), if that goes through, and then not even until the summer. Also Klopp seems to like Mignolet and they are offering him a new deal.

Well, Neymar and Messi are off the table for Arsenal since they play Barca in the Champions League, so I'll have to go with whoever Wenger sees as a reasonable prudent financially sound addition.

LOL

ETA: Apparently we're going to sell Monreal.

This is more of a January/Summer combination, but Marko Grujic, Neven Subotic, Leroy Sane, Rico Henry, Timo Horn/Loris Karius. Probably only Grujic happening (guessing Neves/Tielemans are too expensive and/or not interested), if that goes through, and then not even until the summer. Also Klopp seems to like Mignolet and they are offering him a new deal.

Sad face.

Sad face.

No kidding. Saw a rumor about a young Belgian 'keeper Guillaume Hubert in addition to the two Germans I mentioned, so maybe they want to do that and have Mignolet around for a couple more years. I don't know. Weidenfeller was not all that good either, and Klopp stuck with him forever, so he might just not care all that much and want to focus elsewhere. Mignolet/Skrtel is killing me though.

No kidding. Saw a rumor about a young Belgian 'keeper Guillaume Hubert in addition to the two Germans I mentioned, so maybe they want to do that and have Mignolet around for a couple more years. I don't know. Weidenfeller was not all that good either, and Klopp stuck with him forever, so he might just not care all that much and want to focus elsewhere. Mignolet/Skrtel is killing me though.

Mignolet is just barely good enough to never be the top priority to replace. He's an excellent shot stopper but really struggles with the ball in the air. I'd like to see Liverpool upgrade as well but I'm not going to hold my breath.

You like Horn and Karius over Leno?

For relative price to ability, yeah. I don't think there's a huge gap with those three and I think they both would be significantly cheaper coming from smaller clubs not regularly competing for European places. I'd take all of them and a few more over Mignolet (I'd probably take Oblak over them all not in the Courtois/De Gea stratosphere, but he would probably be super pricey coming from Atletico), but I also agree with BTB that it's not a huge priority and can wait.

I'd much rather upgrade in central defense until Gomez is ready. Subotic's recent injuries and not playing regularly under Tuchel is a concern, but I'll roll the dice with him and his relationship with Klopp over keeping Srtkel at this point.

Last edited:
is lovren ok?

that looked pretty rough, but i couldn't tell if it just looked bad because of the blood

Hmmm, fair enough. I just really rate Leno.

Oh yeah, he's great, I'd take him in a second. And I think keeper is generally undervalued and maybe teams should pay more for them. But thanks to fox sports I've been watching a lot of Bundesliga this year and there are a bunch of solid keepers.

Lovren is alright, nothing serious but that bad laceration and some bruising, back in three weeks.

Oh yeah, he's great, I'd take him in a second. And I think keeper is generally undervalued and maybe teams should pay more for them. But thanks to fox sports I've been watching a lot of Bundesliga this year and there are a bunch of solid keepers.
I liked Horn the few times I've seen him.
I saw Karius back when he was on City's ELITE development squad and he was solid but I don't think I've seen any Mainz matches so can't speak for him recently. I'll make a point to watch a Mainz match if my DVR catches one.

Leno is the business tho. Still the #1 GK I'd want United to sign if Real come in sniffing for Big Dave again.

Looking very much forward to the Joe Gomez/Sakho era. I'm hoping that starts next season. If Subotic is available for 5 million euros, though, I think you buy him in the winter, even with health/form concerns.

Last edited:
I liked Horn the few times I've seen him.
I saw Karius back when he was on City's ELITE development squad and he was solid but I don't think I've seen any Mainz matches so can't speak for him recently. I'll make a point to watch a Mainz match if my DVR catches one.

Leno is the business tho. Still the #1 GK I'd want United to sign if Real come in sniffing for Big Dave again.

Horn and Karius are alright, I don't know that they will stand out (or that you would want them to), but they're young, big, athletic, and German, so I like their chances of making the leap more than Mignolet at this point.

I probably like Oblak like you like Leno.

Apparently Liverpool have agreed to buy Marko Grujik from Red Star Belgrade at the end of the season for just under five mil. 19 year old Serbian midfielder, anyone know anything?

Based on nothing but youtube he reminds me of Dele Alli (points for cross racial comparison), though of course has drawn ridiculous (at this point) comps to Gerrard and Pogba that I've seen. His U-20 national team coach even likes him on the wing and more advanced.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/marko-grujic-liverpool-fc-target-10569356

This article namechecks Vieira and Yaya.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...p-winner-being-eyed-liverpool#:heuhZ77YN2_WSA

Some of the U-20 World Cup might still be available on Fox Sports or ESPN. That'd be cool to check out him and a couple of the other young Serbs (Zivkovic is supposed to be nasty, Maksimovic I've read a little about)

Last edited:
Back