• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

This XI is pretty confusing from Jose. I have no idea what formation we are about to play.

Tactical masterclass upcoming, I HOPE.

Very odd. Listed as a 3-4-3, then immediately described in the broadcast as a 3-4-2-1. But regardless, it's peculiar.

Looks like a 3-2WB-2CM-2AM-1 during the match.

That formation can do wonders if everyone understands their role... but no role in that kind of formation is easy to master (apart from the back 3).

United are really pressing high up the pitch and just giving Chelsea no time on the ball. I can't see them able to keep up that press for 90 minutes so it makes me nervous if we can't cause a turnover and score from the counter in the first 55 or so minutes.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's actually pretty smart strategy so far to play super tight to Willan and Hazard. However, I don't know if that's something that can keep up all 90.

I'm really not sure what Darmian's role is

I'm not sure he does either.

Young is looking up for this. I think he is going to play a big, big part today.

Smalling seems to be playing a good 5-7 yards deeper than the other CBs, almost like a sweeper when the ball is in Chelsea's half. Conte will notice this and look to spring counters down the wings. BOOK IT.

Let's just get 5 players sent off and move on and save legs

I'll take Jose vs Conte in a fight though. I remember Conte from his Juve days. Bitch.

HOW WOULD THAT NOT BE A BOOKING ON CAHILL?!?!?!

HE DRAGGED RASHFORD TO THE FUCKING GROUND!

God, I fucking hate Michael Oliver. I really do.

So Michael Oliver told Smalling that the next person that fouled Hazard, no matter who it was or how serious the foul was, would get that player booked.

THAT IS NOT HOW THE LAWS OF THE GAME WORK YOU RAT FACED FUCK. Multiple fouls on one player by multiple players on the other team has no mention in the Laws of the Game. How can a ref in the Prem just think, "yeah, I'll make this rule up, seems to be a good decision!"

another way of thinking about the same thing is

maybe the strategy of "kick eden hazard our way through this match" is unsound

So Michael Oliver told Smalling that the next person that fouled Hazard, no matter who it was or how serious the foul was, would get that player booked.

THAT IS NOT HOW THE LAWS OF THE GAME WORK YOU RAT FACED FUCK. Multiple fouls on one player by multiple players on the other team has no mention in the Laws of the Game. How can a ref in the Prem just think, "yeah, I'll make this rule up, seems to be a good decision!"

another way of thinking about the same thing is

maybe the strategy of "kick eden hazard our way through this match" is unsound

Yeah. This is straight up Mourinho special. Just kick the shit out of the best player on the other team all match long and Oliver wasn't going to have any of it. Got no sympathy for Herrera, the whole team was trying to take pieces out of Hazard - Oliver had already put him on a yellow and he kept kicking him anyways knowing that he was on thin ice.

On replay, what the fuck is Pogba doing? He simply stood off of Kante and watched him. He's such a fucking unreliable player.

Back