• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Maximum points MUFC (5th) can obtain are 81 points. With away games to City, Arsenal, and Spurs, I have to assume at least 3 dropped points (most likely 4+). 76/77 sounds right to be to be completely comfortable, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like 72/73 ended up being enough this season.

Think all 5 will end up making it. Liverpool through the league, United through Europa

Watching ESPNFC

Steve Nicol is a legit moron. I don't understand how somebody as stupid as him gets paid to talk about football. I really don't.

I also remember my Spurs to finish 6th prediction back in early/mid? January.

Oops. Got that one dead wrong. Spurs are the best team in the Prem as we speak today. I think they win the title as I'm not convinced by Chelsea. At all.

Also, Everton finish 6th and Arsenal 7th.

I also remember my Spurs to finish 6th prediction back in early/mid? January.

Oops. Got that one dead wrong. Spurs are the best team in the Prem as we speak today. I think they win the title as I'm not convinced by Chelsea. At all.

Also, Everton finish 6th and Arsenal 7th.

These were my predictions on 8/11 on the prior thread:

1) Spurs
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) United
6) Arsenal
7) Everton
8) LC

18) Hull City
19) Sunderland
20) Burnley

Missed on Chelsea and Burnley obviously but pretty good otherwise.

Rafa's cracking up ??

Brighton essentially a PL team. Goal diff 32 better than Huddersfield, only team that can catch 'em. They've been super close for half a decade now -- big stadium, good support, decent backing, every chance to become a regular

Last edited:
Rafa's cracking up ??

Brighton essentially a PL team. Goal diff 32 better than Huddersfield, only team that can catch 'em. They've been super close for half a decade now -- big stadium, good support, decent backing, every chance to become a regular
Brighton won't go down for a while. The only risk is that it is really a one business town with American Express and if Brexit forces financial jobs out of the UK onto the continent, Brighton will suffer badly and likely the football club as well as a result.

Otherwise, they have everything in place to be a routine PL club who challenges for European places.

Brighton won't go down for a while. The only risk is that it is really a one business town with American Express and if Brexit forces financial jobs out of the UK onto the continent, Brighton will suffer badly and likely the football club as well as a result.

Otherwise, they have everything in place to be a routine PL club who challenges for European places.

Brighton is a good Championship team - they are not essentially a PL team. They would finish dead last in the PL with this squad. They have a very good manager but will need to make some wholesale changes to compete next year.

Burnley and Bournemouth are proving that you don't need to have everything in place to compete and stay in the PL.

Arsenal are starting three in the back tonight. Mustafi isn't in the squad, on his birthday. Monreal moves up to midfielder. Wenger is just throwing shit against the wall.

C9ohMDXXoAAv14e.jpg:large

Brighton is a good Championship team - they are not essentially a PL team. They would finish dead last in the PL with this squad. They have a very good manager but will need to make some wholesale changes to compete next year.

Burnley and Bournemouth are proving that you don't need to have everything in place to compete and stay in the PL.

Doesn't your second paragraph directly contradict the first?

Either way they will spend and add talent to their squad, as almost every promoted team does

Arsenal are starting three in the back tonight. Mustafi isn't in the squad, on his birthday. Monreal moves up to midfielder. Wenger is just throwing shit against the wall.

Mustafi is out with a thigh injury. They'll probably just fall back with Gabriel at RB. Or Wenger doesn't Gabriel or Holding in a back 4?

Doesn't your second paragraph directly contradict the first?

Either way they will spend and add talent to their squad, as almost every promoted team does

Not to state the obvious, but I tried to say that even teams with "everything in place", it won't guarantee any success in the PL.

I'm fairly new to watching the PL and have followed burnley extensively, including their year in the championship last year. The championship is littered with once great clubs who had everything in place, and are either mid-table in the championship or fighting a relegation battle (Blackburn rovers, Nottingham forest).

The infrastructure is in place for them to stay up though - they will generate enough revenue, they have a strong club organization with a young energetic chairman who is willing to put money into the club and they have been slowly building to this. If they stay up next season (and they probably should) there's nothing to make you think they can't keep improving the squad and solidifying a place in the league for quite a while to come. Of the south coast clubs, they are the one in the overall best shape imo (even better than Bournemouth).

Back