• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Priebus on GOP Immigration Policy "We Suck"

When the GOP started working on that whole how to re-connect with the public thing, it should have started with getting rid of this clown as step one.

So maybe you've heard about Reince Priebus throwing Mittens under the bus

Mitt Romney repeatedly used the term during the Republican primary campaign to talk about how his immigration enforcement policies would lead to unauthorized immigrants leaving the U.S. of their own accord, rather than needing to be deported.

"Using the word 'self-deportation' — it's a horrific comment to make," Priebus said, in a forceful rebuke. "I don't think it has anything to do with our party. When someone makes those comments, obviously, it's racist."

Someone might wish to show Priebus the platform of his party

We will create humane procedures to encourage illegal aliens to return home voluntarily, while enforcing the law against those who overstay their visas.

What a fucking idiot.

So basically he says that self deportation is racist, and then argues for self deportation. He is an idiot.

"This dude may go down as the worst national chairman of a political party ever.

His strategy is to suppress voter turnout, gerrymander districts, not participate in national debates on national television, and basically have Limbaugh moderating the equivalent of a primary convention."

I'll move this over here so it can include alienate minorities and immigrants...fucking moron.

how is self-deportation racist?

Pubus always struck me as a pretty smart and articulate guy during the campaign and convention. He seems to be siding with the Rinos and Bushes for the future. That might be where the money is, but that's not where the future is. The more you have the so-called "leaders" breaking with the base, the more likely you are to lose your base. Republicans won't implode because they've become conservative. Republicans will implode because they continue to ignore the conservative wing of their party.

Pubus always struck me as a pretty smart and articulate guy during the campaign and convention. He seems to be siding with the Rinos and Bushes for the future. That might be where the money is, but that's not where the future is. The more you have the so-called "leaders" breaking with the base, the more likely you are to lose your base. Republicans won't implode because they've become conservative. Republicans will implode because they continue to ignore the conservative wing of their party.

Ask him. He's the one who said it. The base is already shrinking, and he is expediting the process.

meh

Pubus clearly isn't in bed with the RINOs.

I personally don't think self deportation is racist, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It is stupid to call something racist, and then use that same philosophy as your strategy.

I personally don't think self deportation is racist, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It is stupid to call something racist, and then use that same philosophy as your strategy.

He's trying to paper over some of the more stupid things members of his party have said regarding brown people. He just added Romney's statements to make it sound more serious. He's attempting to appease Hispanics through words, since he knows his party won't do it through actions.

Wish we would. Out of all the missteps we make that is the most egregious politically. It is completely idiotic.

So that original article corrected itself at some point and said that he didn't call the policy racist.

Just quoting this for kicks.

How on earth does ELC like Preibus? I don't know how he still has a job. I should like him more than conservatives do.

I also can't see how this guy got his job and has kept it. Not sharp, inarticulate, zero charisma, and has a temper. Can't imagine him mixing it up with donors. He reminds me of a far creepier version of the creepy versions of Rob Lowe or the smarmy assistant manager at the local pizza place who grandiosely comps you free bread sticks because some pimply fuck screwed up your order.

probably because he has a beautiful douchebag name

Quote that all you want. It wasn't an endorsement of him. I was just saying that my first exposure to him was during the main campaign and in the interviews I saw, he seemed pretty sharp. That was two years ago. He seems to have gone the way of Michael Steele.

As for the future of the GOP, I stick by that assessment.

You've got to get off the drugs. Priebus makes Michael Steele sound like a cross between Thomas Jefferson. Stephen Hawking and MLK.

Quote that all you want. It wasn't an endorsement of him. I was just saying that my first exposure to him was during the main campaign and in the interviews I saw, he seemed pretty sharp. That was two years ago. He seems to have gone the way of Michael Steele.

As for the future of the GOP, I stick by that assessment.

Define "conservative wing." Because I think there's a pretty strong argument listening to those people is where the disconnect has arisen.

Back