• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jaylen Hoard on preliminary Team Olympic roster; Hamby has double-double in Sparks season opener

Signed solely to beat the shit out of Giannis if he puts hands on Halliburton again.
I think the bigger fear is Bobby Portis, who ruined Nikola Mirotic's jaw.

But your point stands, only a few days after Portis almost did his thing again .."let's sign someone who can handle that asshole."

I don't want to put this on the Wake hoops threads. What do we think of Cam's NBA prospects? Before this season, I thought he might get on a summer league team before heading overseas. Now I think he might get a real look. He has good guard size. He's a good ballhandler. He's a crafty scorer. He can play physical. He's solid on D. He's added a reliable 3-point shot, so he can be a spot-up shooter if he needs to be (.394 on 3 att/game). Seeing him play with three other reliable scorers at three different positions has shown me how his game is complementary. Do you all think scouts could see him as a bench guy who can play with starters? Maybe a poor man's Podz?

I think Cam definitely has NBA level skills, my only concern with him was that he used to struggle with long, athletic defenders and that describes basically every defender in the NBA. I think he's improved in that aspect though and if Wake make it to the tournament I think he'll definitely get some looks. If he comes back for his senior year and we make the tournament again then I can see him being maybe a late first/early second kinda pick for a team that wants a rookie that can contribute right away. I could definitely see him in a bench role for a good NBA team, I'm not sure he becomes a starter unless he continues to show big improvements though, but he does have a good track record of doing exactly that so who knows?

I think his prospects depend on how he scores in the ACC this year. Based on no intel, he seems like a #45-undrafted kinda guy at the moment.

I think his prospects depend on how he scores in the ACC this year. Based on no intel, he seems like a #45-undrafted kinda guy at the moment.
Yeah. Which is higher than I thought coming into the season. That's higher than Appleby and close to where Alondes was projected.

Cam probably needs to continue working on his three point shot. Extend his range. Work on his ball handling. That would get him a spot as a utility guy. Doing what needs to be done. Playmaker, defender, outside shooter, take it to the rack, mid-range shooter. Whatever will hurt the opponent most any given game. And all around PIA to opponent.

I doubt Cam's offense translates to the NBA. He has the intangibles but lacks the length, quickness and hops. I could see him become an energizer for a team and a basic nuisance to an opponent for brief spurts. A good career in Europe looks possible.

Sallis, Efton, and maybe Boopie are our NBA prospects

He needs to get with a superstar that will fight for him. Maybe Durant or Lebron?

None of them, save Sallis, are prospects at the moment. A healthy Monsanto would be.

And that is the secret these days. Get a bunch of guys who aren’t quite good enough to be pros and keep them around long enough to be mature and experienced.

I'm still in wait and see on both. I simply haven't seen enough of them.

Reid was buried on Gonzaga's bench behind Drew Timme, and then forced to sit seven games by the NCAA. He's had one really good game, and a few more good ones. So far nothing that screams "I am ready for the NBA. But he has 20+ games to go, and some will be against good (projected NBA player level) competition. Stupid fouls are an issue. He has to be smarter than fouling guys 25 feet from the basket.

With Boopie, he is stepping up a level in competition. Again, small sample size, mostly against weak competition. Let's see how he does against future NBA player level competition the rest of the season. Will his quickness and speed play in the NBA like Ish's has? 20+games this year will get me to a much more informed opinion.

A 7-footer (and former 5*) always has NBA potential.

Boopie, like Ty, still struggle to get on the NBA's radar at his size, no matter how well he plays.

How is it possible that we are discussing Cam as an NBA prospect and summarily concluding that Reid is not an NBA prospect? This is not realistic.

Cam has a “bag.” He can do a lot of things well and has shown considerable year to year improvement. There are more spots on the floor for him than for a 7-footer.

I see Hildreth as an outstanding European pro with a long career and making lots of money. Things would have to fall just right for him to play in NBA.

Cam and his family have a connection to Nick Nurse. Wonder if that will make a difference in his NBA prospects.

Back