• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

It would be interesting to see what that Infectious Disease breakdown would have looked like, oh, around 2019.
Doctors know better than anyone that masks are BS and the vaccine kills healthy people

I am sickened for those who will need to travel to access care in the meantime (and even more sickened for those who don’t have the means to do so) and disappointed, but far from surprised that the FL Supreme Court found that a constitution adopted in 1980 (e.g., post-Roe) didn’t encompass the right to choose in an explicit right to privacy (the dissent is very good at explaining this), but I’m also very curious to see how this plays out in November. I’m guessing it’s not going to flip FL, but I do think the GOP is going to have to spend a lot more time and $ in FL now.

They'll also be voting on recreational cannabis. Could cause a change in voting demographics as I'd imagine those issues resonate more with younger voters.

I am sickened for those who will need to travel to access care in the meantime (and even more sickened for those who don’t have the means to do so) and disappointed, but far from surprised that the FL Supreme Court found that a constitution adopted in 1980 (e.g., post-Roe) didn’t encompass the right to choose in an explicit right to privacy (the dissent is very good at explaining this), but I’m also very curious to see how this plays out in November. I’m guessing it’s not going to flip FL, but I do think the GOP is going to have to spend a lot more time and $ in FL now.

Given how effective and successful all those pro-choice abortion referendums around the country have been - even in solid red states - I'm not so sure that this won't put Florida in play. Based on previous abortion referendums it will likely lead to a surge in voting from Democratic-leaning groups and even independents. Of course it would be helpful if the FL Democratic Party could finally get its shit together in time for an election instead of arguing and bickering with one another and generally being a non-factor in state elections. They've got a golden opportunity with this decision, whether they can or will take advantage of it is doubtful.

Last edited:
Given how effective and successful all those pro-choice abortion referendums around the country have been - even in solid red states - I'm not so sure that this won't put Florida in play. Based on previous abortion referendums it will likely lead to a surge in voting from Democratic-leaning groups and even independents. Of course it would be helpful if the FL Democratic Party could finally get its shit together in time for an election instead of arguing and bickering with one another and generally being a non-factor in state elections. They've got a golden opportunity with this decision, whether they can or will take advantage of it is doubtful.
Florida Dems haven't gotten FL voters to understand that it's not enough for vote for rights. You have to vote for Democrats to exercise those rights.

Florida Dems haven't gotten FL voters to understand that it's not enough for vote for rights. You have to vote for Democrats to exercise those rights.
Well, thanks to this court ruling Florida Dems now have a golden opportunity to correct that. As to whether they will, I guess we'll have to see.

They'll also be voting on recreational cannabis. Could cause a change in voting demographics as I'd imagine those issues resonate more with younger voters.
I'm picturing bus loads of olds being taken to the polls to vote against recreational cannabis. Not because they're against it, but because they all have medical cards and don't want their dispensaries to be overcrowded.

Hopefully the issue helps down ballot in turning some state seats blue because I agree, while I think it will help in the presidential having this issue on the ballot, I tend to doubt it can flip the state.

Just got this from the FL Dems:

Biden Campaign Florida Memo
On Monday, the Biden-Harris campaign published a memo outlining their strategy for contesting Florida — a state they deem “winnable.” The campaign is staffing up in Florida with the hires of State Director Jasmine Burney Clark and Senior Advisors Jackie Lee and Phillip Jerez, the latter of whom will continue in his role as Executive Director of the Florida Democratic Party.

TOPLINE: The Biden-Harris Campaign is contesting Florida, because Florida is winnable and worth fighting for.
  • In 2024, Florida is leading the fight to defend reproductive rights and protect democracy.
  • In elections across the country, voters are overwhelmingly rejecting the extreme policies pushed by Republicans like Donald Trump and Rick Scott.
  • The Biden-Harris Campaign in Florida will mobilize a coalition of seniors, young voters, Black and Hispanic voters, and disaffected moderates to fight back against Trump in his “home” state.
  • Donald Trump’s platform is uniquely unpopular with Florida voters:
  • Trump paved the way for Ron DeSantis’s extreme 6-week abortion ban, which is less than 30 days from becoming the law of the land in Florida.
  • Trump tried and failed to repeal the Affordable Care Act, and has promised to try again. Both Florida and Miami-Dade County lead the nation in ACA enrollment.
  • Trump has promised to make cuts to programs like Social Security and Medicare that are overwhelmingly popular with Florida’s seniors.
  • The Biden-Harris Campaign is uniquely positioned to take advantage of Trump’s weaknesses in Florida:
  • President Biden will emphasize reproductive freedom in Florida, forcing Trump and Florida Republicans to defend their support of Ron’s extreme near-total abortion ban.
  • President Biden has vowed to protect Social Security and Medicare from Republicans like Donald Trump and Rick Scott who have long promised to eliminate them.
  • President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law has funded 581 projects in Florida, from investments in roads and bridges to expansion of rural broadband and everglades restoration.
  • The Biden-Harris Campaign is already running ads in Florida — a new digital ad called “Trust”, which highlights Donald Trump’s role in overturning Roe v. Wade, went live this week.
  • Florida is not an easy state to win, but President Biden and Vice President Harris are committed to investing resources and doing the work on the ground to take back Florida.

Christian Nationalism at its finest - right on the floor of the Arizona Senate.

i AM enjoying watching Kari Lake scramble around to ultimately land on abortion being allowed through the first trimester, instead of "MURDERERS"

amazing, Republicans got what they wanted on abortion and are desperate to pretend it's not happening.

Back