• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro-Palestinians at UT disrupt talk

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this, so I'm starting a new thread. Might perhaps fit in several other threads. Pro-Palestinian student protestors at the University of Texas disrupt a UT talk in the Institute for Israel Studies by a former IDF soldier (she is now a professor at Stanford). Conflict arises between students and professors.

Professor posts about it on the program website, accusing the student-leader of assaulting him. Later deletes it. Archived here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20151116161026/http://www.israelstudies.org/

Pretty disturbing video all around. One (new?) trend I'm noticing is protestor's insistence that they don't want to talk or debate. A Yale student recently wrote in his op-ed that he "doesn't want to debate, [he] wants to talk about his pain".

Anyone see the Dartmouth video from today?

This is dumb. Also as dumb as the person who doesn't know how to film horizontally

Dumb, people get physically removed for causing disruptions during events all the time, should have thrown their ass out more forcefully.

Same thing happened at my law school a couple years ago. It turned into quite the divisive issue given the number of Jewish people up here.

Disrupting students in a library? That'll get your message across.

Keep in mind this is coming from a conservative source but this is what allegedly happened
Protesters at Dartmouth University disrupted students studying in the library, reportedly directing profanity towards white students and physically pushing others.

In a critical editorial, the conservative Dartmouth Review listed some of the epithets hurled by the protesters: “Fuck you, you filthy white fucks!” “Fuck you and your comfort!” “Fuck you, you racist shits!”

In addition, the Review reports that some of protesters became physically violent: “Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group. ‘If we can’t have it, shut it down!’ they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting ‘filthy white bitch!’ in her face.”

Campus Reform managed to obtain video showing the protesters walking through the library shouting as others try to study. One of the protesters can be seen flipping off the cameraman. Another gets in the face of those who are studying demanding they say that black lives matter.

One of the protesters posted online, saying they were ashamed of what the protest turned into. “After making a girl cry, a protester screamed ‘Fuck your white tears,'” he reports. “I was startled by the aggression from a small minority of students towards students in the library, many of whom were supporters of the movement.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dartmouth-protesters-disrupt-students-in-library-fck-you-you-filthy-white-fcks/

“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully.

They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned.

There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protestors which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white b*tch.

At one point the protestors crowded around a guy sitting on his laptop and stared at him screaming at him ‘If we cant study, you can’t study.’”
http://coed.com/2015/11/16/dartmouth-college-black-lives-matter-protest-violence-video-details/

There seems to only be a single Dartmouth video circulating, and in it there is no evidence of any of the claims of physical violence or intimidating language. One girl does use her middle finger.

The library protest doesn't bother me as long as they aren't physically or verbally assaulting anybody. The whole point of non-violent protest is to make people uncomfortable and make them reconsider their perspectives. The library is a fine place to do that. Ten minutes, in and out. Nobody hurt.

Lot of really unprofessional behavior in the UT video from both sides. UT prof with the: "you are students! you know nothing!". Protestor with "I don't want to debate!" Lame. The real douchebag in the UT video is the bro with the sunglasses and pleated khakis that looks like an insurance salesman. That guy sucks.

“I was sitting in Novack studying when a large group of protestors came in chanting ‘black lives matter.’ They gathered in the center of Novack amongst the tables where there were a number of people working peacefully.

They kept shouting and started banging on tables. They demanded that people stand up to show their solidarity. Those who did not stand were targeted and questioned.

There was a girl studying in one of the study rooms in Novack and the protestors stormed the room. She closed the door on one of the protestors which resulted in rage from many protestors. The girl then exited silently through the crowd while protestors screamed at her calling her a white b*tch.

At one point the protestors crowded around a guy sitting on his laptop and stared at him screaming at him ‘If we cant study, you can’t study.’”

http://coed.com/2015/11/16/dartmouth-college-black-lives-matter-protest-violence-video-details/

So does "white bitch" give rise to hate crime charges? And, if this were Mizzou, her proper response would be to call the cops to investigate, correct?

pretty sure a bunch of people yelling in the library while i'm trying to get shit done would not result in me reconsidering my opinion except maybe that #BLM protesters are kind of annoying, especially if they were confronting people

Would be more effective to do this during retirement home nap time, I don't think highly educated Ivy League students are the base of their problems.

Would be more effective to do this during retirement home nap time, I don't think highly educated Ivy League students are the base of their problems.

Actually the SAE house at Yale is basically a front for a KKK lodge.

DOYhwLl.gif

Back