• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Progenex

fiestadeac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started Crossfit and while I'm sure that there have been threads in the past about this I was wondering if anyone had tried Progenex, the workout supplement that is a sponsor for many of the the crossfit events. The friend who turned me onto crossfit recommended this brand and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Ideally I'm not trying to bulk up but get lean and increase my strength. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

So do we put the asterisk by his rep bar or by his post count?

Never tried the Progenex stuff, but I've used a number of workout supplements over the past few years. My opinion is that they are overpriced and not as good as other stuff on the market. The stack I typically use is:

Multivitamin
Vitamin C (extra 2-3k mg/day)
Fish oil (about 2g/day. make sure it has been certified mercury free and has good EPA and DHA)
C4 pre workout (2 scoops before workout)
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey (2 scoops after workout)

It's been great for me! I started Crossfitting last may and have taken the recovery and Muscle Max daily from the start. The Choco is actually the first protein that I've really thought tasted good. I'm literally hooked on the stuff. I ran out a few months ago and thought I was gonna get the shakes since I had to drink Muscle Milk until it came in. I've also tried the Mocha and Strawberry but couldn't really get into those.

I typically take the recovery right after a WOD even twice the days that I do 2 and then I drink the Muscle Max every morning with water. Almond Milk makes it a little more filling but I get enough from water. Along with Progenex, I take multivitamen, Emergence and BLOX mainly for taste since I pretty much only drink water.

I've had great success with CF and guess I'm a full-fledged member of the cult. Granted when you drop 30+ lbs, 5 inches off waste and add muscle, it helps alot. I'm doing things at age 37 that I never did in my 20s even after boot-camp. Keep me posted how it goes.

Back