• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Property Management in W-S

doubledeac

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend a company local to W-S? Most have terrible reviews online but can't always tell if this is from tenants or property owners. I am looking for someone to manage a single family home in W-S. If you have details regarding commission %, would be appreciated.

My family uses Quarters Real Estate for a single family home. Only one we have managed and they do a great job. I believe its $85 a month plus something up front (1 months rent i think) to get tenants in. Good customer service and everything is billed out online. Dont bother us for stuff unless its over a few hundred dollars.

My family uses Quarters Real Estate for a single family home. Only one we have managed and they do a great job. I believe its $85 a month plus something up front (1 months rent i think) to get tenants in. Good customer service and everything is billed out online. Dont bother us for stuff unless its over a few hundred dollars.

Same exact deal with Ogburn that we have for our condo. They take a 10% cut on all service calls (so if a plumber charges $100, you have $110 deducted from your proceeds end of the month). People complain about Ogburn a lot, but I think it's primarily tenants. They've been good about filling our place every time it's been empty. 2.5 months is longest it stood empty.

Same exact deal with Ogburn that we have for our condo. They take a 10% cut on all service calls (so if a plumber charges $100, you have $110 deducted from your proceeds end of the month). People complain about Ogburn a lot, but I think it's primarily tenants. They've been good about filling our place every time it's been empty. 2.5 months is longest it stood empty.

Yeah because they suck for tenants. They also aren't really good about taking care of the property from what I could tell. About a month before I moved out of my last place managed by them there was a pretty significant water leak in the main pipe (in a room outside just off the master bedroom) that basically soaked a lot of the adjoining wall and carpet in the master (at which point it was noticed). After we figured out how to get the water turned off ourselves it took them 2-3 days for them to actually get a plumber out there so we could have running water without fear of causing more water damage. And then for "remediation" of any water damage they just sent out someone who sprayed some anti-fungus stuff in the carpet a week after the leak. At that point the room was already smelling terrible/moldy and I can't imagine the wall that got wet was in great shape either with literally no attention paid to it at all. Was an awful experience and I moved out a few weeks before the lease was actually up just to get out of that room.

So yeah, they're just not tenant friendly whatsoever from my experience (and I've had friends with similar experiences). Sure, they probably fill it fast when someone leaves, but I'd be willing to bet turnover is higher than it might be otherwise because of the way they treat their tenants/engage with them.

If I were the owner of that unit and they handled water damage that casually I'd be pissed or seeking legal action.

Back