• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Property tax appeal

Spill the beans. I want details on the rant. I have a visual of you doing it in my head. I hope you left your concealed in the car for this.

Not one of my finer moments. One of the members of the board didn't even look at the documents I brought it. I put copies on the table in front of each of them and she never touched them. Then one of the guys wasn't paying attention. One board member said "Leroy, what is your decision?". Silence. "Leroy?". "Oh, what, uh, for the county." The others agreed with him and I lost it then. I didn't think there was any way they could side for the county.

I then started to lose it saying this is bullshit, I brought a goddamn appraisal, evidence of reduced appraised values of other houses on my street, etc. I pointed my finger at them and told them they are corrupt and they are what is wrong with Fulton County. I told them I bet it feels good to be able to rubber stamp denied for taxpayers, and how can look themselves in the mirror, etc. They said I could leave and I said I'm not done yet. This went on for probably 5 minutes until one of them said "You need to leave NOW." And then I did. I was shaking when I walked out of there I was so angry. Again, not one of my finer moments, but I felt like I had just been screwed when I was clearly correct.

The sad thing is, they're probably used to hearing rants like that and it doesnt even faze them anymore.

Back