• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prosecutor who questioned Ford Shreds her case

This is why dudes keep assaulting women and keep getting away with it. Other men have an incredibly high standard for someone who feared for her life to meet.

sailor, have you ever believed someone who accused a Republican of sexual assault?

I won't bother waiting for an answer.

Dr. Blasey Ford described a get together that Kavanaugh had on his calendar on July 1, 1982. She named Mark Judge as a witness. I don't know why you think she would make up a witness who happens to be best friends of the accused. Doesn't seem like a good lie. Kavanaugh has consistently lied out his ass for the last few months. Dr. Blasey Ford gave credible testimony.

which Republican, which case? there is no reason why a credible accusation against a Republican or a Democrat could not be believed,

I don't doubt that Dr. Ford believes that what she said was true. There is just no corroborrating evidence that it was true. The very witnesses she claimed can't confirm her hazy story, none of it.

Your characterization of BK's testimony is blindly partisan.

There is so much to address here. But let’s start here. I have not once said it was true, I seldom operate in absolutes, I don’t think anybody knows the truth and I don’t think we ever will. I believe there is a low probability she is lying and I therefore believe there is some non zero probability that Kavanaugh did something to her 30 years ago. I believe that is grounds for a thorough investigation into the matter. There is nothing appalling or despicable about investigating an accusation, especially when the accused is being nominated to a lifetime appointment to the highest level of the judiciary. In the course of the minimal investigation conducted by the senate, Kavanaugh handled himself very poorly, including several probable lies. That was a bad move because it just increases suspicion, mean while the most damning part of Fords testimony was an admission of a fear of flying but that she flew somewhere to get her polygraph.

This is raising a lot of tempers, I think, because, people like me are in fact appalled by sexual assault where as on the other side...well...frankly I don’t really get any perspective that doesn’t at least want to investigate this thoroughly.

You have a Bird’s Brain my man. That is some jack-legged stupidity if I have ever seen it and no good and lasting society would ever accept your gruel thin precepts for justice and expect to survive longer than a Mediterranean fart fly.

You ought to be made to walk about town wearing a sign that says “kick me in my ass..harder!”

I wish dems would treat Kavanaugh like Ellison, but they don’t because this has never been about the truth, it’s always been pure politics. I don’t think I’ve ever been more ashamed of a political party in my life than I am by the behavior of the Democrats.

:rofl:

The “thinking” of Trumpublicans would be comical, except they really believe the bullshit.

And their masters presently have a lot of power.

I wish dems would treat Kavanaugh like Ellison, but they don’t because this has never been about the truth, it’s always been pure politics. I don’t think I’ve ever been more ashamed of a political party in my life than I am by the behavior of the Democrats.

I know you are fucking broken, but maybe think through your comparison next time before you post.

There is so much to address here. But let’s start here. I have not once said it was true, I seldom operate in absolutes, I don’t think anybody knows the truth and I don’t think we ever will. I believe there is a low probability she is lying and I therefore believe there is some non zero probability that Kavanaugh did something to her 30 years ago. I believe that is grounds for a thorough investigation into the matter. There is nothing appalling or despicable about investigating an accusation, especially when the accused is being nominated to a lifetime appointment to the highest level of the judiciary. In the course of the minimal investigation conducted by the senate, Kavanaugh handled himself very poorly, including several probable lies. That was a bad move because it just increases suspicion, mean while the most damning part of Fords testimony was an admission of a fear of flying but that she flew somewhere to get her polygraph.

This is raising a lot of tempers, I think, because, people like me are in fact appalled by sexual assault where as on the other side...well...frankly I don’t really get any perspective that doesn’t at least want to investigate this thoroughly.

then don't treat it as true

I agree with you: we will never know with certainty, if it is true or not, and I have said so from the beginning

the dems could have had a thorough investigation if they had wanted but they probably did not think there was enough there to investigate and chose to play politics with it and use it as a delaying tactic, shame on them

she does not have to be lying for her story to be untrue

you should read the expert questioner's evaluation more carefully, the expert characterized her testimony as weaker than he said, she said; the expert examiner was a woman, why not believe her?

those opposed to BK's elevation to the SC were going to characterize his reaction as unconvincing or as indication of his guilt no matter what he did, even though most serious people readily admit that we can't know the truth of the accusation with any degree of certainty

which Republican, which case? there is no reason why a credible accusation against a Republican or a Democrat could not be believed,

I don't doubt that Dr. Ford believes that what she said was true. There is just no corroborrating evidence that it was true. The very witnesses she claimed can't confirm her hazy story, none of it.

Kavanaugh’s friends don’t remember the party because they didn’t get sexual assaulted. It was just some night drinking ‘skis like any other. Of course they’re going to stick up for their bro.

Blasey Ford’s friend wasn’t in the room and Blasey Ford didn’t mention it that night so she doesn’t remember it. But she doesn’t think her friend lied.

It just takes a brain or heart to understand why someone who was sexually assaulted would remember an event more than people who won’t.

Sailor has neither.

re 1: TDS appears to be preventing you from being able to stick to the subject, sad

Nah just calling out blatant hypocrisy, good one, though.

Re:1. Which one of those disgusting things Trump has done is false?

Kavanaugh’s friends don’t remember the party because they didn’t get sexual assaulted. It was just some night drinking ‘skis like any other. Of course they’re going to stick up for their bro.

Blasey Ford’s friend wasn’t in the room and Blasey Ford didn’t mention it that night so she doesn’t remember it. But she doesn’t think her friend lied.

It just takes a brain or heart to understand why someone who was sexually assaulted would remember an event more than people who won’t.

Sailor has neither.

your hapless attempt to cover the weakness of your argument by grossly erroneous personal insult fails again

good night

The “thinking” of Trumpublicans would be comical, except they really believe the bullshit.

And their masters presently have a lot of power.

There is none dumber out here than you, my man. You bought the big bag of shite at Wake Factless and damn if you didn’t eat every crusty-tenured-turd.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy your silly poses and Victorian sensibility.

Ok. My reading comprehension is still intact. Sailor is going with the "look at all the women he DIDN'T sexually assault" hot take.

I agree with you: we will never know with certainty, if it is true or not, and I have said so from the beginning

the dems could have had a thorough investigation if they had wanted but they probably did not think there was enough there to investigate and chose to play politics with it and use it as a delaying tactic, shame on them

she does not have to be lying for her story to be untrue

you should read the expert questioner's evaluation more carefully, the expert characterized her testimony as weaker than he said, she said; the expert examiner was a woman, why not believe her?

those opposed to BK's elevation to the SC were going to characterize his reaction as unconvincing or as indication of his guilt no matter what he did, even though most serious people readily admit that we can't know the truth of the accusation with any degree of certainty

There is no need to know the truth here and no one should be seeking the truth. Just ask your self ‘am I ok with putting a guy who has a non-zero chance of being an attempted rapist on the Supreme Court for decades to come?’ My answer is readily and easily no. Especially when there are plenty of other qualified candidates out there. It’s ludicrous to take this risk, when there are literally dozens of other equally conservative options to nominate. If he was the only person in America with a law degree, then maybe we’d have to take the risk that he is a misogynistic rapist and put him on the court anyway, but dude, he is not the only lawyer in America.

Im not treating it as true. I am not suggesting that he should be prosecuted or thrown in jail. I am suggesting that this situation carries with it some suspicion and I don't think he should get a life time appointment to the Supreme Court. Yes it is a very high standard to hold, but the Supreme Court is the highest level of government and of our justice system and there should be a very high standard for membership.

There is none dumber out here than you, my man. You bought the big bag of shite at Wake Factless and damn if you didn’t eat every crusty-tenured-turd.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy your silly poses and Victorian sensibility.

What was Catamount saying about personal attacks again?

PH blindly partisan? Nah, no way......can’t be.

It is now clear that Blasey Ford was a political plant.

More lying - as she sat there like a caged bunny with a squeaky little voice..over-playing the victim.

Turns out she’s a prevaricator and she needed the initial week for further renditioning of this sordid and fabricated political hit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8xdCec9-JE

Sailor has neither.

This is an example of some piss-poor reasoning skills. Ph has jettisoned his faculties and has lost any thread to Reason.

He has become a “make it up out of whole cloth” type and facts are mere pesky side-bars to this democratic co-op fantasy.

This is an example of some piss-poor reasoning skills. Ph has jettisoned his faculties and has lost any thread to Reason.

He has become a “make it up out of whole cloth” type and facts are mere pesky side-bars to this democratic co-op fantasy.

this is an example of a psychotic breakdown

this is an example of a psychotic breakdown

Yea..you need to put your hand to your head after this God Damn unadulterated display of shit-slinging from the morally bankrupt Left.

Try harder there, Wake Factless

Back