• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Protestors storm U.S. Embassy in Cairo

Where the hell was Egyptian security/army during all this? Unacceptable, particularly since this was obviously a concerted effort for 9/11. You can't tell me they didn't know this.

It may be time to send Egypt back to the stone age pretty soon. It doesn't appear that us paying them off to behave is going to work anymore. So long, Camp David Accords.

I wouldn't recommend nuking them, those pyramids are damn advanced spaceships.

I'd be curious if this statement from the US Embassy in Cairo was released before or after this shit went down.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

Either way, you've gotta be fucking kidding me. The anniversary of 9/11 and they issue that kind of statement?

The statement was released by the embassy in response to claims that a film being shot in Cairo by a US crew was disparaging the Koran.

The statement was released by the embassy in response to claims that a film being shot in Cairo by a US crew was disparaging the Koran.

Stupid arabs, why can't they be reasonable about our religion like us when Dogma came out, oh wait.

The fourth film set in the View Askewniverse is a hypothetical-scenario film revolving around the Catholic Church and Catholic belief, which caused organized protests and much controversy in many countries, delaying release of the film and leading to at least two death threats against Smith.

Stupid arabs, why can't they be reasonable about our religion like us when Dogma came out, oh wait.

The fourth film set in the View Askewniverse is a hypothetical-scenario film revolving around the Catholic Church and Catholic belief, which caused organized protests and much controversy in many countries, delaying release of the film and leading to at least two death threats against Smith.

I don't recall us attacking embassies in response.

The "stupid Arabs" in this case are exactly that. Let's not sugarcoat it.

Where the hell was Egyptian security/army during all this? Unacceptable, particularly since this was obviously a concerted effort for 9/11. You can't tell me they didn't know this.

It may be time to send Egypt back to the stone age pretty soon. It doesn't appear that us paying them off to behave is going to work anymore. So long, Camp David Accords.

I start feeling like something is missing from this board without some bi-weekly bellicosity from our resident chickenhawk. Lets turn that country to glass baby!! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Well US protestors aren't going to attack US embassies over a US film obviously, but I don't think equating it to sending death threats is a bad analogy.

I'd be curious if this statement from the US Embassy in Cairo was released before or after this shit went down.

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

Either way, you've gotta be fucking kidding me. The anniversary of 9/11 and they issue that kind of statement?

Is this a serious statement ELC or are you being sarcastic?

I think that's a pretty solid statement.

I agree with you that these religious fanatics are idiots. There was also a large contingent football hooligans in the crowd. I'm sure it was one of them who spray painted the ACAB tag on the wall. What a weird mix. Football hooligans and Islamists.

I agree with you that these religious fanatics are idiots. There was also a large contingent football hooligans in the crowd. I'm sure it was one of them who spray painted the ACAB tag on the wall. What a weird mix. Football hooligans and Islamists.

They can be one in the same. It happens. Lots of crazy things happen with football clubs all over the world. Not saying that is the case here, but there is all sorts of religious violence that takes place around football clubs. Rangers and Celtic, Lazio and Roma. Bad shit can go down. The "fans" just use football as an excuse for whatever wacko bullshit they want to profess. Loads of organized crime involved in many fan groups all over the planet.

Is this a serious statement ELC or are you being sarcastic?

I think that's a pretty solid statement.

It is if you're with the people who want to take us back to the days of blasphemy being a crime against the state. Here is what our chief executive should say to them: screw you and the camels you came here on.

ETA: Why is it that some people want to carve out an exception for the Muslims? We can make fun of Christians and Jews but not Islam? Why? Because they might blow us up?

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that the only good Arab is one that we can bribe effectively

Back