• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Proud of our guys ... Please play that hard tomorrow

MrBojangles

Reaction score
Our guys played better than I expected them to today. Not so much for the last 10 minutes of the 1st half, but for how hard they fought in the 2nd half. The first 2 technicals on Cav and Devin were horseshit. The 2nd technical was deserved, but never should have happened if either the 1st one hadn't been called or the ref had been professional about it and walked to the other side of the court to let his teammates calm him down. What that ref did was awful and he should be reprimanded by the NCAA for exercising poor judgment in his conduct on the court.

I thought the announcers were god awful and recommended to a friend of mine who had tivoed it, that he should turn off the volume. I felt like I was watching Duke versus Sisters of the Poor. They kept going on and on about Kansas playing their second team, but never really mentioned how many of Wake's nonstarters were on the court for long stretches of the same 2nd half. It's not like all of Kansas's scholarship players aren't top 60 players, even those guys from the 2nd team. Hope my buddy enjoys watching the game more than I did, by having the sound off and fast forwarding through the 3Ts.

Proud of the way our guys fought, but I really hope they bring the same fires tomorrow because I will be very disappointed if we lay an egg against USC.

Our guys played better than I expected them to today. Not so much for the last 10 minutes of the 1st half, but for how hard they fought in the 2nd half. The first 2 technicals on Cav and Devin were horseshit. The 2nd technical was deserved, but never should have happened if either the 1st one hadn't been called or the ref had been professional about it and walked to the other side of the court to let his teammates calm him down. What that ref did was awful and he should be reprimanded by the NCAA for exercising poor judgment in his conduct on the court.

I thought the announcers were god awful and recommended to a friend of mine who had tivoed it, that he should turn off the volume. I felt like I was watching Duke versus Sisters of the Poor. They kept going on and on about Kansas playing their second team, but never really mentioned how many of Wake's nonstarters were on the court for long stretches of the same 2nd half. It's not like all of Kansas's scholarship players aren't top 60 players, even those guys from the 2nd team. Hope my buddy enjoys watching the game more than I did, by having the sound off and fast forwarding through the 3Ts.

Proud of the way our guys fought, but I really hope they bring the same fires tomorrow because I will be very disappointed if we lay an egg against USC.

Perfectly stated.

Next two games will tell us a lot I think. Solid performance today, but some bad culture and FT shooting killed us. Let's see how we respond this time, hopefully better than the last two years.

Nothing at this point will make me want Bz as our coach, but I am glad the guys played well. Hope they bring it again tomorrow.

Next two games will tell us a lot I think. Solid performance today, but some bad culture and FT shooting killed us. Let's see how we respond this time, hopefully better than the last two years.

Agree with this. Kansas isn't the second best team in the country but we gave them a battle today. Tomorrow and Saturday will tell me more about them team than today did.

Remember when we hung with uconn and then iona beat our ass?

This feels like the Miami football game to an extent. While we didn't blow this game like Miami, we had an opportunity for a marquee win and didn't get it done. Missed free throws and losing our composure cost us the game. Self-inflicted mistakes. Disappointing.

yeah and uconn played shit basketball the rest of the year. maybe kansas will suffer the same fate...

UConn would've made the tournament if they weren't ineligible. And while it's a small sample size, Kansas is only the third best team according to Pomeroy. They also beat Duke by 11 in K's hometown.

Totally forgot we had a game today against the #2 team in the nation until I came to the board a minute ago. Thanks, Ron!

I'm wary to take the game as an indication of either team. It's the Bahamas in November. Distractions abound. Both teams had great stretches and also had lows.

happy that we're even discussing the possibility of improvement -- I am in the show me camp still

happy that we're even discussing the possibility of improvement -- I am in the show me camp still

You and the rest of the fanbase should always be in the show me camp. Wake is the only school in D1 where a long-tenured athletic director has the power to tell the fanbase that everything is sunny when it's pouring down rain.

Proud of the guys again today. Still have some work to do on Defense, but thought the offense looked better than it has in a few years. Everyone in the ACC outside of Syracuse appears to still need to work on their defense. If we can play this well against Tennessee, I'll be pseudo-excited about our prospects this year.

I'm not going to let Wellman or [Redacted] come between me and what I truly want: success for Wake. If those clowns are in their positions when we have some victories, so be it. I'm celebrating Wake's wins. They may try to take credit or say "I told you so." And that's fine. I expect the BzzIn crowd will do the same. We'll know the reality is that the players have done well despite [Redacted]'s efforts and Wellman's impotence. Players, students, alumni come before employees.

Back