• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

guitardeac

Reaction score
Be as obscure as you want - or not. Up to you. Doesn't matter the sport. Any athlete, any time frame.

Dee Calvert

Basketball walk on in the mid 80s. During the Staak years. Dee was actually a fraternity brother of mine, and if I remember right he was pulled out of intramurals early in the basketball season and actually got a fair amount of playing time. His best friend was Lee Garber, which is how Staak found out about him. Staak needed bodies, and Dee was about 6ft 5.

Mike Palma

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The thoroughly forgettable Nikita Mescheriakov, who transferred to Wake Forest from Georgetown and played in 2010-11 and then started all 31 games in 2011-12.

He, more than anyone else, represents 2 of the worst years in Wake Forest basketball history. Not his fault, but he makes me think of it because of the exact overlap.

The thoroughly forgettable Nikita Mescheriakov, who transferred to Wake Forest from Georgetown and played in 2010-11 and then started all 31 games in 2011-12.

He, more than anyone else, represents 2 of the worst years in Wake Forest basketball history. Not his fault, but he makes me think of it because of the exact overlap.

I think of Travis McKie more than anyone else. Man, I felt bad for that guy.

Rod Watson- scorer with a funny looking shot and then badly cut his hand on new years eve and says he doesn't remember how he did it- even when I was a kid I knew that something didn't add up in that story! I also remembering a blurb in USA today that said something like, "Rod Watson has quit the Wake Forest Basketball team and found college basketball so unsatisfactory that he does not plan to transfer to another school."

Marc Blucas

"All American" kind of guy. Pretty boy with a smile that took him all the way to Hollywood. For our younger crowd, or newer Deacs, Marc was the bro who dated Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He was also in a slew of other movies and TV shows. Marc had a really good 3 point shot and a was key component to Odom's teams in the early 90's. Marc also like to eat...A lot of food...all of the time...and was a prankster.

Back