• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Putin asks Kerry (Obama), "WHY DO YOU LIE!!!???"

great, just what I wanted for Christmas: increased tensions with a nuclear superpower over fucking Syria.

Thanks, obama

Putin is playing us like a fiddle. He sees that our hand is weak and he is pressing his advantage. He is just a smart politician. It doesn't matter what he has in his hand. He knows we have nothing, and so he is set to expose our administration at every opportunity he can. Snowden and Syria are just more of the same. It has much less to do with what is going on, and much more to do with gaining world wide influence (and diminishing ours).

I am a supporter of the President, but this whole thing with Syria really bothers me. First, Putin might just be right that the opposition used the gas in the first place. I am way past just "trusting my government".

Second, and perhaps in a more global sense, why must the United States do anything in Syria. I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that there is a lot of bad shit that happens in this world that I can't do anything about.

Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson all but accused them of trying to mislead the public. He was one of the few to actually ask tough questions.
Grayson: There has been a report in the media that the admin has mischaracterized post-attack Syrian military communications, and that these communications actually express surprise about the attack. This is a very serious charge. Can you please release the original transcripts so that the American people can make their own judgment about that important issue?"
Hagel: "What transcripts are you referring to?"

Grayson: "The transcripts that were reported that took place after the attack in which the government has suggested that they confirmed the existence of the attack. But actually it has been reported that Syrian commanders expressed surprise that the attack had taken place, not confirmed it."

Hagel: "Well, that's probably classified, Congressman. I'd have to go back and review exactly what you're referring to."

Grayson: "Well, you will agree that it's important that the administration not mislead the public in any way about these reports, won't you?"

Hagel: "Well, of course. But I'm not aware of the administration misleading the American public on this issue or any other issue."

Grayson: "Well, you agree that the only way to put that matter to rest is to release the original reports in some redacted form.."

Hagel: "Well, I'm not going to agree to anything until i see it and i understand better what it is. But it most likely is classified."

Grayson: "I understand that. I'm asking: will you declassify it for this purpose?"

Hagel: "I just gave you my answer. I have no idea what exactly you're talking about. I'd have to go back and look at it, I'd have to confer with others -- our intelligence community -- that's all I can tell you."
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2013/09/how-rep-alan-grayson-is-winning-the-war-against-the-case-for-war.html

RJ, since you've seen the evidence, can you please call Rep. Grayson and clear him up on this issue? While you're at it, can you please provide a link here as well?

Last edited:
The only time Republicans and Democrats get along, and dickheads like Boehner say they want to work with Obama, is to act on an issue when 60-70% of Americans (pick your poll) area against it.

I didn't read this link, but the one thing from Puttin that I do agree with is his stance of 'waiting until the investigators to complete their studies' (which can take a couple weeks). Obama is being pre-mature if he attacks prior to the investivation being complete.

Is Obama saying about his "red line" that it's not so much that Assad is killing people but HOW he's killing them?

So, common sense, rather than actual intelligence, tells us that Assad is responsible for the chemical attack. Okay, gotcha.

White House Chief of Staff:

"We've seen the video proof of the outcome of those attacks. All of that leads to a quite strong common-sense test irrespective of the intelligence that suggests that the regime carried this out. Now do we have a picture or do we have irrefutable beyond-a-reasonable-doubt evidence? This is not a court of law and intelligence does not work that way. So what we do know and what we know the common-sense test says is he is responsible for this. He should be held to account."

So, common sense, rather than actual intelligence, tells us that Assad is responsible for the chemical attack. Okay, gotcha.

White House Chief of Staff:

"We've seen the video proof of the outcome of those attacks. All of that leads to a quite strong common-sense test irrespective of the intelligence that suggests that the regime carried this out. Now do we have a picture or do we have irrefutable beyond-a-reasonable-doubt evidence? This is not a court of law and intelligence does not work that way. So what we do know and what we know the common-sense test says is he is responsible for this. He should be held to account."

Not good enough for public consumption, but it is true that intelligence is generally a value play.

Not good enough for public consumption, but it is true that intelligence is generally a value play.

This is so similar to the reasoning we used for Iraq. Who knows what the actual circumstances are, but the common sense reasoning is basically saying "just trust us, we know what we are doing".

This is so similar to the reasoning we used for Iraq. Who knows what the actual circumstances are, but the common sense reasoning is basically saying "just trust us, we know what we are doing".

Yep

Since when does reality always conform to common sense?

Gravity, Newton's laws of motion, sky is blue, grass is green, don't run the option with a passing QB, etc.

Back