• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Tyler Cameron Gone from Wake FBall Team

Why do we do this?

You gotta believe...

flutie-s-hail-mary-o.gif

God come on guys it's completely unfair to draw any comparisons between the defending Super Bowl champion QB and our incoming freshman. Hinton is way better.

Hinton is short like Wolford....until we get ACC size/height we will struggle. Most of Wolford's bad throws and tipped passes are simply due to being short. He isn't going to grow 4-6 inches. What other ACC team has a QB under 6'? I know we can't roll him out on every down but I would criticize the staff for not doing this more. One series in particular was the Louisville one where the D gave us the ball and we moved it inside the 20. Short field played to Louisville's already strong rush. We had no motion, fakes, or roll outs in that final series IIRC. The EZ INT was simply a product of pressure and having to get rid of the ball a half second too quick and not seeing the receiver and defender well enough.

Wofford's height is definitely an issue. If can be over come, and often has ( see Wilson and Brees) but it is a handicap. On Hinton, I watched his tape and put me on 'wait-and-see' list. On the tape I watched, his 2 WR were the best 2 athletes on the field and 5-6 inches taller than the DBs. There were a lot of single reads, where the WR was either well behind the DB or just went up and took the ball away. Hinton also seemed small.

So do other schools have backup quarterbacks anymore? Or is it just at Wake where every QB that doesn't see regular playing time transfers out?
Is this a millennial thing?

So do other schools have backup quarterbacks anymore? Or is it just at Wake where every QB that doesn't see regular playing time transfers out?
Is this a millennial thing?

It's very normal for quarterbacks to transfer out if they are older than the current starter. Wake has had a string of 4-year quarterbacks, so our transfer count is higher than most for that reason.

But where the hell does Cameron think he WILL play? If he can't get snaps for THIS team...I can't imagine there are too many community college teams out there.

But where the hell does Cameron think he WILL play? If he can't get snaps for THIS team...I can't imagine there are too many community college teams out there.

Who cares? Fuck him.

Carolina will eventually need a new supervisor of morale

Back