• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question about Quality

Same old same old. Used to be Mt. Zion. now it's QEA. If they shut this one down, another diploma mill will pop up.

The curious thing is it sounds like it is/was a legit institution. Now the question is whether the athletes are held to the same standards the other students are. It sounds like the basketball program might have gone rogue.

My problem with the article is trumpeting the coach's criminal record (which happened 21 years ago) and putting his mugshot on the first page. Sure seems like they want you to feel a certain way about the program.

Last edited:
This does sound pretty shady. I've not heard anything negative about Fields or Lekan that would lend cause for concern.

Yeah Fields transferred strictly for basketball reasons and not academic ones. He was doing well in Detroit but wasn't getting the recruiting attention that he wanted so thats why he went to Quality. Or at least thats the story i remember hearing/seeing somewhere

i love how wake fans will shit on mt. zion/word of god all day long with tons of "insider info" when we're not getting recruits from those schools, but then act naive and oblivious when we do recruit guys from comparable schools

i love how wake fans will shit on mt. zion/word of god all day long with tons of "insider info" when we're not getting recruits from those schools, but then act naive and oblivious when we do recruit guys from comparable schools

Pretty sure, the general consensus on this thread is QEA sounds shady/dirty. It doesn't mean every player there is tainted, but a school would need to do a little extra homework before recruiting a guy from a school like this.

I figured not recruiting from these "schools" was probably part of your culture change. Not that it's wrong to do it nor am I criticizing it, it's just what I figured

I'm not defending QEA but that article was pretty shoddy journalism.

Pitts adds, "We like to say we qualitize every kid who comes through here."

Classy.

The article was definitely a bit loaded though.

Also is it shocking to think that a kid that left the Detroit school system might do better at a place like QEA.

Why did we need to know that one dude's sister was name Miz'Unique.

Back