• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for those skilled with spreadsheet.

jamesda3

Reaction score
Trying to creat cell to solve for multiple possibilities and I have no clue of how to do it.

It is a problem like that would use information in multiple cells.

The information goes like this:

My cells are:

B3=Level-which could be 1-20
B4=amount
B5= the answer I am looking for
B22=Base value
B31-B49=.02 increasing in .02 increments per level

let's say the base value is 40.

If the level was 1 the amount would just be 40 because the .02 increase doesn't start until level 2.
level was 2 it was be something like the base Base*.02+Base.

I would want it to solve all the way down. If there was a level 2 in one box it would calculate the base 40 + 2%. If the level was 3 it would calculate the base 40 + 4% all the way down to level 20 which would be 40 + 40%.

Sorry for the difficulty explaining this as I have no clue how to ask for what I need help with. If you need further clarification please let me know.

just sounds like you need to nest a whole bunch of "if, then" statements.

like this:

=if(B31=.02, B22*0.02,if(B31=0.04,B22*.04,if(....

Yeah, nested statements seem like your answer without actually seeing it.

I thought so and tried to do levels 1-3 with an if example I found googling and it didn't work. I probably just need to keep trying and tinkering with it thanks.

I wouldn't nest everything. Cells are cheap. Use multiple cells for each IF and build off them.

just sounds like you need to nest a whole bunch of "if, then" statements.

like this:

=if(B31=.02, B22*0.02,if(B31=0.04,B22*.04,if(....

If I needed to add that increase to the base 40 B22 how would I add that in there per one?

If I needed to add that increase to the base 40 B22 how would I add that in there per one?

the if then statement goes like this:

if(this is true, then put this answer, if not put this one)

so you'd just put it in there for the section of "if this si true put in this answer". so instead of "B22*0.02" up there, it'd be "b22*0.02+base value"

and i just realized i mixed up what your cells were, but whatever.

Odds that this is video game related? Ill say 1:2.

Ooh, looks like I was right!

listen I am not bothering anybody and it would be nice to get on the board and ask a question or talk to others without being attacked in a variety of ways. Whether it is picking on the fact that I play video games, dvr a lot of shows, saying all I drink is dew, calling me a bad parent, picking on my grammar, and calling my son ugly. Maybe after every post I make now I will just say those things so people can find something new to pick on me about.

Back