• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

question to the board...homosexual animals

of course not, but why has this dominated the news cycle all the time?

We just changed the constitution of the state of North Carolina. The constitution. It's not a law. But you're probably right, changing the state constitution probably isn't news worthy. Let's have a little more about the Zoo chimp which makes elaborate plots to attack humans. Yeah, that's on Fox News front page now. More chimps, fewer gays. Real news.

not reading thread so this may be haas, but I remember learning about some study that showed a variety of different animal populations show homosexuality % grow as population grows, as if it was an inherent species population control mechanism.

Pretty sure there's a great Ricky Gervais stand-up segment about this exact topic. I expect someone to find it and link it, since I'm on my phone right now.

I think the problem with this thread is the question of brain function. Most animals only have the capacity to eat, shit and procreate - thats about it. My two male guinea pig humped the crap out of each other - could have been dominance or just the fact that they have brains the size of a corn kernel. Even if this is a debate about the whole "gay gene" or whatever, looking at animals doesn't make sense - cause I would assume the gay population would die out and I can't imagine there are scientists out there caring if certain animals show homosexual tendencies.

This question is still invalid, because I could say something like "Is there any proof of using a monetary system in animals?" or "Is there any proof of space shuttle building in animals?" and so on. The concept that we would try to base a belief/theory/whatever on if it happens in the animal world is stupid. Humans are the most abundant single specie mammal in the world and the most advanced - you don't think we would have unique characteristics that other species don't? What about the idea of monogamy? There are very few mammal species that are monogamous, but yet a good percentage of humans are.

Not to actually get back to the question, but there is plenty of evidence that it does happen - there is even a wikipedia page about it which guarantees it is true.

mba, you're a nice dude, you sent me a football poster once. That was awesome. But what the hell are you trying to say? Should we stop using all higher order thinking skills because other animals don't? How do you feel about clothes?

I once got a birthday card that said.....

why don't dogs ever get any birthday presents?

...because if you could lick yourself, that's the only present you'd need.

If you blow yourself/lick your own balls, does that make you gay?

mba, you're a nice dude, you sent me a football poster once. That was awesome. But what the hell are you trying to say? Should we stop using all higher order thinking skills because other animals don't? How do you feel about clothes?

what you are saying is that as humans, we are superior to animals. Therefore, part of that superiority is that humans have 'evolved' to practicing homosexuality. Using that logic, it looks like the human race is destined to all become homosexual and thus our extinction. Correct?

what you are saying is that as humans, we are superior to animals. Therefore, part of that superiority is that humans have 'evolved' to practicing homosexuality. Using that logic, it looks like the human race is destined to all become homosexual and thus our extinction. Correct?

You've gotta be trolling

So it goes.

Ok here is the solution guys; we isolate that "gay" gene in prenatal tests and just abort the babies that are predestined to become gay. End of story

Ok here is the solution guys; we isolate that "gay" gene in prenatal tests and just abort the babies that are predestined to become gay. End of story

Should we isolate the "cheating" gene and the "pre-marital sex" gene too? Maybe the "brown hair" gene because, you know, everyone should be exactly alike and everyone prefers blondes. I would actually like to do away with the "love handle" gene - that shit sucks and is impossible to get rid off.

Should we isolate the "cheating" gene and the "pre-marital sex" gene too? Maybe the "brown hair" gene because, you know, everyone should be exactly alike and everyone prefers blondes. I would actually like to do away with the "love handle" gene - that shit sucks and is impossible to get rid off.

see my other thread. Good job

Back