• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quick Books Help - Already fixed!

WakeGal

Reaction score
I figure that someone out here my have faced the issue that I am having.

I have a client who I invoiced, marked the invoice paid, and then sent them a receipt (they can't seem to understand that the invoice is theirs to keep for their records). When I did that, it created it as 2 different transactions; thereby, 2 different deposits. Anyone know how to delete the deposit that is associated with the receipt?

Thanks!

Last edited:
how did you "mark the invoice paid"? I think you should do that by customers>receive payments, then banking>make deposits.

how did you "mark the invoice paid"? I think you should do that by customers>receive payments, then banking>make deposits.

Exactly how you did it.

I then after I did all that, selected "Create Sales Receipts", so it created one for that invoice and then applied it as well.

I think the last part is where the problem came in. You could have just printed another copy of the invoice to show it paid. The sales receipt is as though you received money, not a traditional receipt.

That did it! I finally located how to delete a deposit and then the sales receipt.

THANK YOU!!!

Back