• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quintiles - Anyone familiar with the company?

DrummerDeac

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the company Quintiles? (Being that it's HQ'd in Durham, I would assume so.) I saw a position posted on their career site that I would be interested in, but I am not familiar with them. I'd like to find out more about the company, its culture, how it's viewed in the industry/area, etc.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

My parents' next door neighbor has worked for Quintiles for years and she really enjoys it. According to her it can be a bit difficult to get your foot in the door but the overall job satisfaction is fairly high for the people she interacts with. Don't know much about the industry so I can't really speak to that. It's also not really in Durham FWIW. Literally right next to I-40 off exit 282.

What type of job are you looking into? We work with Quintiles quite often with our research studies as a CRO and use their central lab services.

Hey Drummer. Got your message. I'll try to get back in touch today. I know Quintiles fairly well. I worked at PPD (direct competitor) for about 4 years. As someone else mentioned, Quintiles can be really hard to get into. They tend to be really focused on finding people with CRO (Contract Research Organization) experience already, although for your role, that might not matter as much. I have a sneaking suspicion that in a lot of cases they post jobs as a requirement for HR, when they actually already have an internal person they want for the position. I have a lot of colleagues that have tried to get an interview there with no luck.

With that said, I do know a couple of people at Quintiles now, although they are all in marketing or corporate communications. I'll see if I can get in touch with them and learn more!

Apparently they have a cool rooftop garden thing or something. A friend of a friend works there -- this guy I see maybe once every other year -- and I remember him saying that.

Apparently they have a cool rooftop garden thing or something. A friend of a friend works there -- this guy I see maybe once every other year -- and I remember him saying that.

Are they letting everyone use it now. I remember when they built that building and everyone was raving about that outdoor space on top. Then I heard it was off of the "executive floor" and the rank and file were not allowed to go up there. True?

Thanks guys! I guess it could be considered a good thing that it's hard to get your foot in the door; people must want to stay there. All the more reason to try to find someone I know there rather than just applying online, although Raleigh's comments don't make their posted positions sound too promising.

I work in finance/accounting, and I saw a senior financial analyst position posted. So the position is more of a corporate support role as opposed to being involved with science or the client service aspects of the business.

Keep 'em coming! Thanks again.

ETA:
Hey Drummer. Got your message. I'll try to get back in touch today.
Thanks!

Is anyone familiar with the company Quintiles? (Being that it's HQ'd in Durham, I would assume so.) I saw a position posted on their career site that I would be interested in, but I am not familiar with them. I'd like to find out more about the company, its culture, how it's viewed in the industry/area, etc.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

PM me with specific questions.

Are they letting everyone use it now. I remember when they built that building and everyone was raving about that outdoor space on top. Then I heard it was off of the "executive floor" and the rank and file were not allowed to go up there. True?

Beats me. I don't remember the specifics, but this guy wasn't high up. Maybe it was a day when they opened up to everyone? He said it was pretty tight though.

All I know is we used to get people coming in to REI with multiple gift cards; apparently you can opt to receive some of your bonus/holiday gift in gift cards.

Worked there for 10 years, then went to a competitor (PRA). PM with any questions. Still have friends/family there so I get to hear the inside dirt too.

I know someone who lost a ton of money when their stock tanked. That's about it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, here and through PM.

Does anyone know if Wake still has a Career Networking Directory? I remember being able to search alumni by company or industry, but the Alumni Directory that I see on WIN only allows a search by name/class year/location. Did they get rid of the networking directory??? I'd prefer to be able to have my resume passed on by someone in the company if possible, as that's obviously preferable to submitting it online.

I'm very familiar with the marathon they sponsor.

Back