• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh is the best place to live in America

my one issue is that they credit raleigh w/ UNC-CH and Duke.

I wonder if WFU had stayed in Wake Forest, if it would be called the Research Quadrangle Park?

I wonder if WFU had stayed in Wake Forest, if it would be called the Research Quadrangle Park?

My guess is Raleigh would have grown north a lot faster (assuming that Wake grew like it did, which it wouldn't have because of money etc) and Wake Forest would have been annexed by Raleigh a while ago.

W-S, Durham, and Greensboro also on the list. Surprised Asheville didn't make it, based on other places they liked.

I'd move back if it weren't for the fact that I pay less in taxes in living in DC, than I would if I lived in NC. On top of that, VA is even cheaper.

Raleigh is a great city. Great roads. Rush hour equals rush hour in any city.

Raleigh has one of the most tame rush hours of any city I've been in. As long as you aren't in RTP on I-40 at 5:00, rush hour isn't bad.

Calling bullshit on that list since Arlington is #2 and DC is in the Top 10.

Back