• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ralph Kiner dies at 91

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The Hall of Famer was a truly dominant power hitter. He led the NL (maybe majors) in HRs for about six years. When almost nobody ever 50 HR, he did it twice.

After his career was over, he became the voice of the Mets for decades. He was a real life Yogi Berra. I can only remember a few:

RE: Phils' CF Garry Maddox- "2/3 of the Earth is covered by water. The other third is covered by Garry Maddox."

"Bruce Sutter is going to be out of action for the rest of his career."

"Solo home runs usually come with no one on base."

I'm sure Mets' will have their own.

RIP

"it's Father's Day. So to all the Dads out there, Happy Birthday!"

"a real life Yogi Berra?" You need to have your own list, rj.

I grew up with WOR instead of WGN; I hated the Braves, so the Mets became my team in the early 80s. A tamer Harry Caray in the booth. RIP Ralph.

Last edited:
"The Mets have gotten their leadoff batter on only once this inning."

Grew up watching him and McCarver so this is another part of my youth that is gone. May he RIP.

He dated Elizabeth Taylor in her prime. Hopefully he was in his prime. Harry Kalas had the Gary Matthews quote,Ralph picked it up.

Holy crap I read that as Ralph Kitly. My heart dropped.

He dated Elizabeth Taylor in her prime. Hopefully he was in his prime. Harry Kalas had the Gary Matthews quote,Ralph picked it up.

It definitely wasn't Gary Matthews. Sarge hustled but was a brutal OF.

Good one qc. that was the one i was going to quote. Happy Birthday Dads!

Back