• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ranking all 39 college football bowl games for 2017-18 from worst to best (we're #2)

Heh, I just sent that around to my friends and family email list noting that my two schools were #1 and #2 on the list. Great for recruiting purposes too. Staff should send it to recruits with the quote.

I commented this morning that it was very strange to see Wake involved in a shootout. Shades of the Jay Venuto - Wayne Baumgardner days.

This is cool. It definitely deserves its own thread.

It is still hitting me how awesome being at that game was. Nothing will compare to being at the ACC title game, because of what was on the line and winning. However, the Belk Bowl was incredible, the range of emotions during that game was crazy and to witness how much it meant to those guys to win was so cool!

^^^^^
This. The ACC CG in Jacksonville was a FG snoozer but winning it and then going to the OB was awesome.

The Belk Bowl was a wild shootout!

Love the "can't wait for a sequel" line. I wonder what the odds are of us starting to replace the Presbys and App States with A&M and the like on our schedule.

Love the "can't wait for a sequel" line. I wonder what the odds are of us starting to replace the Presbys and App States with A&M and the like on our schedule.

In years where we don't play ND? All for it. Wake can't really afford two powerhouse OOC games in the same year, though (and most other teams won't do it as well).

Jimbo Fisher left the ACC entirely because he was scared of Dave Clawson. No way he schedules us out of conference.

Also of note:

The Belk Bowl victory in Charlotte improves Wake’s all-time bowl record to 8-4. Only four schools in America can boast a higher postseason winning percentage than Wake Forest.

I think the Belk Bowl was better than the Rose Bowl. Ok refused to play for the win and got what they deserved. You have the No 1 QB in the nation and you are running the ball the whole overtime. Played not to lose and lost!

Also of note:

The Belk Bowl victory in Charlotte improves Wake’s all-time bowl record to 8-4. Only four schools in America can boast a higher postseason winning percentage than Wake Forest.

we may not get their often, but we make damn sure to win them when we do!

Back