• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ranking every state

So many people from Ohio and Pennsylvania here, on the NC coast.

A compilation of stats on where people are moving to versus where people are moving from would be informative to a ranking of states, I would think. As would annual ranking of places to live, etc.

A compilation of stats on where people are moving to versus where people are moving from would be informative to a ranking of states, I would think. As would annual ranking of places to live, etc.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/census/2010-census-state-migration-statistics.html

If Michigan is so great, then why are people leaving? Also, overlooking Detroit is a lot to ask. I don't think other states got the same consideration.

New York and California have the most outmigration. Texas, Colorado, and the Southeast the most inmigration.

NJ and NC beaches are both awesome, they're just different.

I like my beach sans syringes.

c394c2028ff211de3aebe249ba00c6d3.jpg

NC should be higher simply for having both a ton of beaches providing lots of variety and some (small) mountains providing scenery, wilderness and hiking.

BTW, NC has the tallest peak east of the Rockies.

Just hiked a 14er. Colorado is far superior to Michigan, hence all the fucking Michigan transplants out here.

Dude, I drove to the top of a 14er in CO. Actually I didn't drive, I rode and died from pulmonary edema.

College kids save up all year to go to Spring Break in FL.

Families save up for years to vacation in FL.

The olds have saved up their whole lives to retire in FL.

Definitely higher than 50.

You don't understand. Those things got you back to 50. Don't blame me, blame the jorts and single-wides. If not for those things you mentioned, you fall below the defunct state of Franklin, that part of Virginia between the Fredericksburg and the Potomac, Guam and England.

Last edited:
I live in FL and these rankings are dumb; it's at least in the top 25 somewhere. Gulf beaches are beautiful, fishing is great (fresh and salt), college and professional sports abound, public education system is decent, cost of living is not bad unless you just have to have waterfront. Winter/spring climate is wonderful. July through September is a humid horrid hell on earth, and we have a fair amount of crazies, which are, in turn, exaggerated by that Twitter feed. Still, no way it's even close to DFL.

I live in FL and these rankings are dumb; it's at least in the top 25 somewhere. Gulf beaches are beautiful, fishing is great (fresh and salt), college and professional sports abound, public education system is decent, cost of living is not bad unless you just have to have waterfront. Winter/spring climate is wonderful. July through September is a humid horrid hell on earth, and we have a fair amount of crazies, which are, in turn, exaggerated by that Twitter feed. Still, no way it's even close to DFL.

I wouldn't get terribly hung up on an internet ranking system that has Michigan #1.

Back