• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ray Donovan (Showtime)

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
Kind of a mix of Brotherhood/Sopranos.

Enjoyed it, great cast.

in trailers the cast looked great but the plot looked uninspired

Watched episode 1 last night and was a bit disappointed. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it just seemed hollow and somewhat cliche.

Watched episode 1 last night and was a bit disappointed. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it just seemed hollow and somewhat cliche.

I had the same feeling, they got a good idea and a ton of money but the whole thing seems very mailed in.

I thought it was awesome. Really enjoyed it.

I thought it was pretty decent but they need to smooth out the rough edges. I didn't really get Elliot Gould's character. As for Sepinwall, this guy's not god when it comes to watching TV. His opinion shouldn't mean more than anyone else's.

well this is kinda silly. i mean, watch what you like, but a well-renowned tv critic's opinion shouldn't count more than an average joe?

Sepinwall isn't the end all and be all. I think what was meant by that post was don't just judge the show based on Alan's opinion.

His critiques are pretty valid, but the show is worth it alone for the brothers of Ray Donovan.

Caught up on the first two episodes. The wife's Boston accent is BRUTAL, but everything else about the show is intriguing. The cast is fantastic - I've always been a fan of Liev Schreiber.

Yeah I don't really see how this isn't on the top of most people's summer watching lists.

I'd rank it in my current top 10 so far.

Haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I liked the first two. Stapling the picture to his half-brother was a pretty sweet move.

Voight is a scene eater.

My roommate made a good point, this character is Tony Soprano and Don Draper rolled into one.

Series Executive Producer Bryan Zuriff has pleaded guilty to running an illegal gambling operation. U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement today from New York that Zuriff faces up to five years in prison and has agreed to forfeit $500,000 as part of his plea deal, according to the statement. “Bryan Zuriff spanned the coasts with his crimes, by operating his own illegal gambling enterprise in Los Angeles, and helping to operate a vast illegal gambling enterprise in New York,” Bharara said.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/ray-donovan-executive-producer-bryan-zuriff-charged-in-gambling-ring-tied-to-russian-mob-denies-any-wrongdoing/

Series Executive Producer Bryan Zuriff has pleaded guilty to running an illegal gambling operation. U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement today from New York that Zuriff faces up to five years in prison and has agreed to forfeit $500,000 as part of his plea deal, according to the statement. “Bryan Zuriff spanned the coasts with his crimes, by operating his own illegal gambling enterprise in Los Angeles, and helping to operate a vast illegal gambling enterprise in New York,” Bharara said.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/ray-donovan-executive-producer-bryan-zuriff-charged-in-gambling-ring-tied-to-russian-mob-denies-any-wrongdoing/

At what point do we stop thinking people who run poker games should spend 5 years in jail

One year, lots of probation, and a very heavy fine seems more rational. $500K probably isn't much for him.

other than ray are there any other characters anybody likes?

other than ray are there any other characters anybody likes?

I don't "like" Mickey as a person, but the character is awesome. Jon Voight is incredible. I like the brother with Parkinson's too. The drug addict brother is going to get really interesting. Ray is awesome. One of my favorite TV characters currently.

Mickey has to turn on the FBI guy with Ray's help or the show is over. Ezra will get out of his comments due to his brain tumor.

Back