• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raycom question for Baltimore area deacs

Complacent Deac

Reaction score
Now that Maryland has pulled out of the ACC, will the Baltimore (and DC) area deacs still get Raycom games?

Not sure how that will work as do not think MD stations will be inclined to show UNC versus Miami or WFU versus Ga Tech etc.

"We used to get those games" via Raycom and it is unclear what happens now?

Based on the Raycom affiliates listed here, the only Raycom affiliates in the general area are a small Salisbury, MD station and MY20 which is a DC station (operating out of DC I believe). The old Raycom affiliate for Baltimore was The CW I think, although I could be misremembering and it could have been the MyTV channel (24 on DirecTV). That might be your best bet if it's on anywhere.

I have DirecTV and I just checked the various listings/TV guide and it appears that the Georgia Southern @ NC State game is not in market, while CSN is picking up Wofford @ Georgia Tech. I'm pretty sure that Georgia Southern @ NC State would be the Raycom game.

However, the TV listings have been wrong before on plenty of the ACC Network broadcasts, so the only way of truly knowing is to tune in. Based on the information available, I'd say that Baltimore will not get Raycom games.

I thought I remember seeing that DC will continue to get those games, probably due to the large amount of UVA, VA Tech, etc fans in the area. Looks like MY20 is showing NC State, which is probably a Raycom game as JDawg said.

I'm assuming, though, that any out of market ACC game will be on ESPN3, right?

Thanks for the info.

Based on the Raycom affiliates listed here, the only Raycom affiliates in the general area are a small Salisbury, MD station and MY20 which is a DC station (operating out of DC I believe). The old Raycom affiliate for Baltimore was The CW I think, although I could be misremembering and it could have been the MyTV channel (24 on DirecTV). That might be your best bet if it's on anywhere.

I have DirecTV and I just checked the various listings/TV guide and it appears that the Georgia Southern @ NC State game is not in market, while CSN is picking up Wofford @ Georgia Tech. I'm pretty sure that Georgia Southern @ NC State would be the Raycom game.

However, the TV listings have been wrong before on plenty of the ACC Network broadcasts, so the only way of truly knowing is to tune in. Based on the information available, I'd say that Baltimore will not get Raycom games.

Now that Maryland has pulled out of the ACC, will the Baltimore (and DC) area deacs still get Raycom games?

Not sure how that will work as do not think MD stations will be inclined to show UNC versus Miami or WFU versus Ga Tech etc.

"We used to get those games" via Raycom and it is unclear what happens now?

Who exactly are you quoting here?

The ACC Network game Saturday (Ga. Southern @ NC State) is on WDCA in DC. It's not exactly like we've lost the DC market or anywhere close -- UVa and VT in particular have a few fans in that area.

Not seeing the game on in Baltimore, though I'd think our games would rate better than shit like Extra or an hour of bloopers. Their loss

Back