• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Really vandy?

How do you manage to be wrong about everything? The chopper is bawse, and it's great part of our intro. Just because our team is shitty doesn't mean we should have a shitty, boring intro to match. Go work some little girls soccer game.

Maybe only at football games. Nothing worse than the motorcycle coming out on the basketball court and the guy has to walk it out like a grown up on a kids tricycle.

Sort of tired of our intros as a whole. Our team is terrible, just get out there and play ball.

They look exactly like ours. WTF

vitalegameday55021212.jpg

Agreed. The motorcycle is great when we're good, now it's just pathetic.

Did dickie v have an old man accident in that pic?

Agreed. The motorcycle is great when we're good, now it's just pathetic.

Why doesn't anyone complain about the wacky, waving, inflatable, arm flailing tube men? That's the part that sucks. Our intro is about the only thing recognizable from our basketball program anymore, besides our old jerseys. If you don't want to go to the game, don't go, but don't take away the little excitement and hope that people have before reality sets in at tipoff.

Why doesn't anyone complain about the wacky, waving, inflatable, arm flailing tube men? That's the part that sucks. Our intro is about the only thing recognizable from our basketball program anymore, besides our old jerseys. If you don't want to go to the game, don't go, but don't take away the little excitement and hope that people have before reality sets in at tipoff.

Good point. The tube men are the worst.

Vandy can have them. Tte tie dyes have way overstayed their welcome here.

Quote of the year. I was never a huge fan of the tie dyes but I tolerated them because they showed unity or whatever and were Skip's doing. It's time to make a culture change from the tie dyes now, though. Can't we just go with black and gold for the students? I wouldn't be sad to see the motorcycle routine go too, what's wrong with doing player intro's with just the band playing and the lights on? I'm tired of us looking like the poor man's NBA team. I'm going to get blasted for saying this but the one pleasant thing about my one and only Dean Dome experience was how they just did player intro's simply. I guess we need to need to make it a show to take the focus off the horrible product on the floor.

Quote of the year. I was never a huge fan of the tie dyes but I tolerated them because they showed unity or whatever and were Skip's doing. It's time to make a culture change from the tie dyes now, though. Can't we just go with black and gold for the students? I wouldn't be sad to see the motorcycle routine go too, what's wrong with doing player intro's with just the band playing and the lights on? I'm tired of us looking like the poor man's NBA team. I'm going to get blasted for saying this but the one pleasant thing about my one and only Dean Dome experience was how they just did player intro's simply. I guess we need to need to make it a show to take the focus off the horrible product on the floor.

We're not Carolina, and we're never going to be. If an NBA-lite intro and production gets 10 more Carolina leaning townies into the Joel, then we should do it. Carolina's simple intro works because they are Carolina, and they are introducing 5 burger boys in front of 23 thousand people. Our intro was exciting and impressive when we were #1 and undefeated, and the only thing that's changed is the team.

No one goes to a basketball game to watch the intro.

Reminded me of this:

We're not Carolina, and we're never going to be. If an NBA-lite intro and production gets 10 more Carolina leaning townies into the Joel, then we should do it. Carolina's simple intro works because they are Carolina, and they are introducing 5 burger boys in front of 23 thousand people. Our intro was exciting and impressive when we were #1 and undefeated, and the only thing that's changed is the team.

Who gives a shit about what the 10 Carolina townies want? As someone already said, I highly doubt our pregame intro is a major selling point to entice those people to buy tickets.

When we're good the intro is great. It gets every hyped up and makes the experience look big time. Right now it just looks like a 9 year old wearing his dad's suit. Or, in other words, like [Redacted] wearing one of [Redacted]'s suits.

Back