• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recap of dumpster fire that is our BB program

saltydeac

Reaction score
*Our leading scorer who is clearly not going to get drafted decides to leave passing on a WF diploma and chance to improve his earnings by hopefully leading team with some new talent coming in along with some other strong pieces.
*Our 2nd leading scorer decides to transfer not knowing where he wants to go at first, but knows it is not back to WF. OSU is lucky enough to pick up a great 3 point sniper
*3rd leading scorer and top rebounder who also is clearly not going to get drafted also passes on a WF diploma as well as a chance to continue to improve his status under a great big man coach. Most befuddling of all the ones as clearly developed over past year and seems like more improvement could have come??
*A role player who got some occasional minutes and seemed to have some upside especially with loss of players above decides to transfer and again no idea where to, but just getting out of dodge.
*Another potential player who has been dealing with injuries but believed could be a contributor also decides to leave the program and again has no idea where he is going but just wants out.....

You hope you have a coach that can be a father figure to the players that can both coach and mold men and inspire them to greatness both on the court and off. Unfortunately, it feels like the Danny Manning that was a hard driving player and winner on the court is either unable to relate to players as he has such a high bar for performance or else players just think he doesn't care and doesn't make BB fun anymore. Not sure what it is but there clearly is an issue when you can't convince some real contributors to be part of what you are building. Could understand if in year 1 or 2, but this far into it says there are much bigger issues.

It is just flabbergasting how you lose this type of talent in one year for players that would be better served to stay another year??? Crawford I can understand somewhat as he clearly had an attitude, but the others seemed like high character hard working guys that could have really contributed to the team in '18/'19 especially when they see we have some really good talent coming in along with current pieces in place.

Hopefully the transfers and preferred walkons can fill some big shoes. Our starters should be happy as lil Chill, Chaundee, Hoard, Mucius, and Sarr may be averaging 38 mins./game unless Johnson, Lewis, Melo, and Wright prove show themselves to be ACC type players. Not holding my breath though.

I'm glad you started this trhead because I don't folow the program as closely as you do and I was having a hard time going back and finding all the information about what a joke your program is now.

I'm glad you started this trhead because I don't folow the program as closely as you do and I was having a hard time going back and finding all the information about what a joke your program is now.

PBMPBzr.jpg

Must really frustrate you to know Keyshawn bolted from your program to only jump off ours....

have you guys even made it to division 1 yet?

The biggest indictment of Wake Forest sports right now is that veteran posters on just about every sports thread are responding seriously to a hilariously obvious parody.

Back