• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Very unpredictable show. It looks like it’s going to go in one direction for a bit and shifts hard to a different one.

I'm a little sick of the memory wiping as a plot device but damn if I didn't tear up during that one.

Just caught up on the last two episodes of the Good Place. That last one - whew. I was not prepared for that. I kinda agree, RSF, but I think this might be bigger than memory wiping? It's the trolley problem from season two. Sacrificing himself to save the group

But also, I couldn't help but laugh pretty hard when Eleanor said "it's not a joke! I'm a legit snack!" through her tears.

chidi saying "jeremy bearimy, baby" was the smoothest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life and it was a goddamn nonsense line

William Jackson Harper has had a hell of a season on that show

Good Place is a good litmus test of TV taste, IMO. Schur gambled all of the good will he built up doing goofy crowd pleasers and ended up making one of the more intelligently plotted comedies that I have ever seen.

Good Place is a good litmus test of TV taste, IMO. Schur gambled all of the good will he built up doing goofy crowd pleasers and ended up making one of the more intelligently plotted comedies that I have ever seen.

The Good Place is great, but I don’t consider Parks and Rec a goofy crowd pleaser.

The Good Place is great, but I don’t consider Parks and Rec a goofy crowd pleaser.

Agreed. Parks and Rec basically foretold the current state of politics.

Hadn’t thought about that. How so?

I wish I had something more profound, but I think the connection is just making the spectacle of aggressively awful people failing up the joke. As much as I love Michael Schur (and I love him), all of his leads are awful people who you come to love because the brilliant writing/plotting.

I'd argue that all his leads are not all awful. Definitely flawed but michael scott, for instance, meant well. Mostly.

I would say socially awkward not awful.

I would say socially awkward not awful.

Just imagine being Oscar, Stanley, Pam, or Karen in that office.

I love Michael because the show makes you love him, but he’s a pretty awful boss.

Awful boss yeah. Awful person, no.

Killing Eve has been mentioned several times in this thread...the Wife and I watched season 1 in two days this weekend and it was so freakin' good that we barely talked to our own children this weekend (just kidding...sort of).

Back