• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Good first season with a nice ending scene. Was getting a little annoyed they kept teasing something might happen between the Applegate and Cardellini characters, but no payoff.

Like a romantic something? I didn't get that at all.

"I Am Mother" is the best Sci-Fi movie that I've seen in awhile. Definitely one of the better original movies that Netflix has done.

Cool, will check it out tonight.

The Last Kingdom series on Netflix was pretty boss. 9th century England story which sounds lame, but it's awesome.

Murder Mystery with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston is not good. Not sure if I ever laughed.

Cool, will check it out tonight.

The Last Kingdom series on Netflix was pretty boss. 9th century England story which sounds lame, but it's awesome.

I liked "The Last Kingdom" as well. Bernard Cornwell is a good writer. His series about Richard Sharpe that starred Sean Beam back in the 90's was very good in my opinion.

I Am Mother just had a novel take on an old sci-fi trope. But I understand some of the criticism it has gotten.

And Adam Sandler was a huge clue it wasn't funny, too.

As someone who has never really been a fan of his, I was pleasantly surprised with how great his SNL was. Probably the best of the season, in my opinion, with an incredible tribute to Chris Farley. An all time great SNL moment.

If you haven't seen it:

Last edited:
As someone who has never really been a fan of his, I was pleasantly surprised with how great his SNL was. Probably the best of the season, in my opinion, with an incredible tribute to Chris Farley. An all time great SNL moment.

If you haven't seen it:

Check out his newish standup on Netflix, or just YouTube it, but he closes with the Farley tribute. It’s unedited and a little better in my opinion.

Just finished up Black Summer on netflix and it is intense...I gave up on Walking Dead but Black summer has pulled me back into zombie shows.

Been catching up on the latest season of Endeavour (prequel to Inspector Morse) on PBS. It's always solid, nothing spectacular. Cool look, good performances.

Stranger Things 3. Better than last season.

I've watched the first 2 episodes. I'll stick it out a few more but feeling right now like the show has run its course. Other than the kids starting to go through pre-teen drama phase, the show doesn't seem to have found a way to really build on S1. Formula still seems to just be mysterious things happening, someone gets sucked into the Upside Down, etc etc.

Does S3 get better?

Stranger Things 3 was great. Music was on point, 80s references were great, storyline built up nicely, by the end of the season I was mad it was only 8 episodes and I have to wait god knows how long for season 4.

Stranger Things 3 was great. Music was on point, 80s references were great, storyline built up nicely, by the end of the season I was mad it was only 8 episodes and I have to wait god knows how long for season 4.

It’s a big step up from S2, imo.

I've watched the first 2 episodes. I'll stick it out a few more but feeling right now like the show has run its course. Other than the kids starting to go through pre-teen drama phase, the show doesn't seem to have found a way to really build on S1. Formula still seems to just be mysterious things happening, someone gets sucked into the Upside Down, etc etc.

Does S3 get better?

Are you a Russian commie bastard? Only communists don't like season 3.

Back