• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Haven't watched the entire series, but agree that Lover's Rock is great

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like Lover's Rock. It captures a social world better than virtually anything that I've ever seen and it does so almost without narrative.

I would love somebody formally trained in film to explain why it's so good, if we have anybody like that on here.

I tried watching a few episodes of the Nevers. Disappointed. HBO usually produces much better shows with coherent plotlines.

We went over to a friend’s house last night and rented Cruella. Really good. I was skeptical but definitely liked it a lot.

Is it kid appropriate? I’ve heard yes and no.

Small sample size but so far people without kids say no and people with kids say “I watched it with my 2, 4, and 8 year old and we loved it.”

Yeah, before having kids there was a part of me that would lean towards waiting longer to expose them to certain languages, topics, etc. After having kids I realized I would rather be around to answer tough questions and/ or explain something to them. I suppose that means we've allowed them to watch stuff some might consider them too young for.

Small sample size but so far people without kids say no and people with kids say “I watched it with my 2, 4, and 8 year old and we loved it.”

As a kid who watched Predator 2 WAY too young (via my older brother), I will never weigh in on that question out of respect for the hell I put my parents through. For at least a month, I was terrified that an invisible monster was about to zap me to pieces. I also went through a similar phase after watching Total Recall with my cool aunt one holiday.

The ending of Mare of Easttown was ultimately satisfying. Well done show and, once you get past the melodrama of the kids being absolute jerks to each other in the first episode, I found the acting to be pretty superb throughout. The women in particular. Winslet, Jean Smart, and Julianne Nicholson could all be taking home awards. I didn't even realize the writer guy was Guy Pearce, which I suppose says more about his visibility and popularity since Memento than it does anything else. I watched the making of and thought, "Of course that's Guy Pearce!" but really had no clue until I watched that. I just thought he looked vaguely familiar.

i mean it was really random that guy pearce played a small bit part on an hbo miniseries

enjoyed mare, the killer payoff was better in sharp objects but great show all around

I am once again watching the absolute masterpiece Master and Commander

I stumbled onto kind of a cool show last night called Most Dangerous Game. Its on the Roku Channel and has 15 episodes of about 7-9 minutes each so it ends up being about a 2 hour movie if you watch it straight through. It's kind of a modern update of the classic story. It ended up being kind of ridiculous but I COULD NOT stop watching. Each episode ends on a cliffhanger and it just sucks you in to keep watching since each episode is so short. The wife and I had fun second guessing the strategy used to play the game by both the hunters and the prey. So to recap: Is it good? No. Is it watchable? Hellz yeah!

My wife and I watched this last night. Thanks for the recommendation - pretty spot on.

This format is actually commercial heavy but due to the cliff hangers we did not mind. Clever format by Roku/Quibi.

I'm hearing great things about this new Bo Burnham special. It's got a 97 on Metacritic, and an 89 user review. Definitely going to check it out this weekend.

Back