• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched season 2 of Black Summer. Not quite as good as S1 but still entertaining (if you're into the Zombie stuff). Disappointing final couple of scenes but it sets up a season 3.

Clarkson's farm on Prime was really good. I was never a Jeremy Clarkson fan, but I at least knew who he was. The premise is that he attempts to run his 1000 acre farm for the first time on his own. Not having an ag background, I enjoyed how they described everything in simple terms. The cast of characters are pretty good. Its only 8 episodes, but they pack in alot. While Clarkson has a right wing slant to everything especially government bureaucracy, you come away with a greater appreciation for farmers.

My wife and I just finished this and enjoyed it. They got a lot of mileage out of Jeremy getting frustrated, and other people yelling at him for messing up. We were glad that we turned on the closed captions. It almost helped with Gerald. ;) Thanks for the recommendation. Good fun.

I am about three episodes into Clarkson's farm on Prime and it is a lot of fun. Surprisingly i am learning a lot more in this series than i ever did watching TopGear.

definitely a recommended view

I’ve been tearing through Startup this weekend. Really enjoying it.

startup is my new favorite, the wife and I stayed up to 3am last night bc we could not stop watching. Great, great show!!

Tomorrow War on Prime was predictably dumb, had outdated CGI, should've been about a half hour shorter, etc, but was somehow watchable. Decent acting goes a long way, I suppose.

I am about three episodes into Clarkson's farm on Prime and it is a lot of fun. Surprisingly i am learning a lot more in this series than i ever did watching TopGear.

definitely a recommended view

Yeah we have 2 eps left. It’s been great but we love anything those guys do. Should be getting a new Grand Tour ep soon. They did a pandemic special in Scotland last year with 70s American cars.

Tomorrow War on Prime was predictably dumb, had outdated CGI, should've been about a half hour shorter, etc, but was somehow watchable. Decent acting goes a long way, I suppose.

Yeah, this is about right. Not good at all but I still enjoyed it.

Just watched The Stranger. It reminded me of that once promising AMC show The Killing which blew up by not having any sort of resolution. A huge bust. The Stranger was a much better version of that premise.

Love and Monsters was great. Highly recommend -- it is on Epix.

The Hunt was much better than I thought it was going to be. Not really political -- actually trashes the left more than the right. The lead actress, Betty Gilpin, is excellent.

Just started a mini-docuseries last night called How to Become a Tyrant. Enjoyed the first three eps and looking forward to the last three. At the very least I learned some history that I didn't fully know or remember.

I'm no juice but I stuck with that show when it first came out. It did not connect with me.

I still have no idea if it was any good, but it was a totally unique and weird vision. It's also got my favorite opening credits sequence. I love me some Joe Strummer and vintage surfing footage.

I'm still waiting for the new season of John From Cincinnati.

Back