• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Lol made the same comment in this thread. I finished it a couple weeks ago - thought it was good but didn’t quite reach the best seasons of the original run. Boyd Holbrook I thought was a great foil to Raylan. And I was a fan of how it ended although I could understand if others didn’t.

I thought he was a good baddie too-- basically he was what Raylan would have been had he been more like Arlo and I think that ultimately hit a bit close to home, and explains his decision in the finale Walton Coggins had a lot of that too in the original series, but was always driven by something else, however misguided he was. This guy, on the other hand, was just Evil Raylan.

Is anyone else watching the Wheel of Time on Prime? Once again I am unsure if I like it or am committed to it because of the source material.

May be late to the party, but I'm blown away by Foundation. Binged the two seasons in the last month, and it's the best series I've seen in a long time.

Hm, I may give it a go. I watched the first episode of Foundation, it was visually amazing and showed an epic scope which is usually enough to draw me in. I think at that point in time I just wasn't accepting applicants for new series.

I'm 3 episodes into S2 of Good Omens. Tennant and Sheen just have the best chemistry. I don't mean among the best, I mean the best. I'll now watch anything that has those 2 together.

I rather enjoyed No One Will Save You on Hulu. A pastiche of several genres it ends up being its own thing. Two alien thumbs up (are those thumbs?)

Miscellaneous.

Futurama still makes me laugh. So did What We Do in the Shadows.

Massive indeed.

I'm just glad the women are not huffing, puffing, sniffing, and tugging their braids.

I find with shows like this they need a TON of time for you to develop any connection to a character. It will take 3-4 seasons IMO. Just sooo much going on
So you're not disagreeing with my assement, you are giving an excuse, even though we are in season 2, while I believe it is a casting issue, which shouldn't have been prohibitive of a change as we saw with Will.

Also no literary death affected a young Timmy like the death of Hopper in the Wheel of Time

"Out of the night Hopper came, and Perrin was one with the wolf. Hopper, the cub who had watched the eagles soar, and so badly wanted to fly through the skies as the eagles did. The cub who hopped and jumped and leaped until he could leap higher than any other wolf, and who never lost the cub's yearning to soar through the sky. Out of the night Hopper came and left the ground in a leap, soaring like the eagles."

You can make Rand a new Anakin Skywalker and you can make Egwene two dimensional Polly-Anna but the show better do justice to Hopper.

He’s not even in the show, how can it be a spoiler?

Also read a book once in a while.
Read the books. Talking about for non book readers that might watch the show. I realize that's just about no one and it was a but tongue in check.

Who's not in the show? You must not be caught up bro.

Read the books. Talking about for non book readers that might watch the show. I realize that's just about no one and it was a but tongue in check.

Who's not in the show? You must not be caught up bro.
Read and read are written the same but pronounced differently, so I was confused. Hopper, the wolf, isn’t in the show as of yet

a
So you're not disagreeing with my assement, you are giving an excuse, even though we are in season 2, while I believe it is a casting issue, which shouldn't have been prohibitive of a change as we saw with Will.

Also no literary death affected a young Timmy like the death of Hopper in the Wheel of Time

"Out of the night Hopper came, and Perrin was one with the wolf. Hopper, the cub who had watched the eagles soar, and so badly wanted to fly through the skies as the eagles did. The cub who hopped and jumped and leaped until he could leap higher than any other wolf, and who never lost the cub's yearning to soar through the sky. Out of the night Hopper came and left the ground in a leap, soaring like the eagles."

You can make Rand a new Anakin Skywalker and you can make Egwene two dimensional Polly-Anna but the show better do justice to Hopper.
i don’t disagree with your assessment, but I’m willing to give it some more time. I don’t think Rand has been given much time to develop. Egwene actually concerns me more but again with so much going on across so many parts of a “universe” I think character development takes a ton of time.

I'm thoroughly confused re hopper
evan%20rachel%20wood%20-%20hopper.jpg

Back